Went riding the Hill Country in Austin:

tedbiele

Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!&quot
Donating Member
Registered
My bro and I rode some crazy twisties in Austin. What a great weekend I got to spend with my bro Rich and his wife Karen. Watched UFC, rode all day Sunday, came home and watched XL.

Heres a photo:
bikes002.jpg

bikes004.jpg

Good:
bikes003.jpg

Bad:
bikes001.jpg

So, I left his house today around noon.
Bike falls over in transport on the trailer during the drive home. UGH!!!!
To say that I am pissed off at myself is an understatement.
I am super careful about the way I strap the bike down and load/unload it too.
I don't know what the hell I did wrong.

Here's the ugly photo:

bikes011.jpg

part deux:
bikes010.jpg

Anyone got a RH fairing for my anniv bike??
How about a radiator that will fit an '03??

Come on!!! HEEEEELP!!!!

<!--EDIT|tedbiele
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139272084 -->

Ouch! from one pumpkin owner to another, you should have warned me about the carnage I was exposed to in your post. I feel your pain and frustration. At least it's only cosmetic ...

Did that fall break your radiaitor too??? Doesn't look too bad. Could have been alot worse. Buddy of mine totaled his by straping it down wrong then once they got going it fell and slid off the trailor drug for almost a mile before realizing what happened. He was just about as happy as you are.

OH by the way tedbiele... I feel your pain... Was trying to live vicariously through others riding this time of year and te post title sounded like a good time. I wish I could Help.. Good luck Dude.

The actual ride was awesome. We don't have tight twisties w/ elevation changes here in Houston like they do in Austin. Was beautiful.
Its the drive home that sucked!!

I feel your pain. I had my bike parked in the garage.....and an unbalanced copymachine sitting up high fell in the night and cracked my fairing. I swear the GF put it there on purpose.

Damn ... sorry to hear that. Lived in Austin for 5 years, and I can imagine how great a ride it must have been. Hope you get her fixed soon.

Sorry about the mishap dude. I am curious as to the damage to the radiator? The fairing damage looks minor?

Damn, Ted! I know the pain you are feeling. I spent some time on those back roads in Austin over Christmas. Some of the best riding I've done. I would check with StreetnTrack (Charles) or GoldenChild (Dan). Think there prices beat even Ron Ayers.

A real bummer Ted, but I know you'll get it all sorted out and back on the road soon! BTW, how does your Bus match up against that Gixxer when you guys are out and about?

Back