Went riding with the zx-14 today

docjunior

Donating Member
Registered
well a fellow veteran and neighbor was back from Ft Jackson for the weekend and wanted to take a little ride. :beerchug:

these are just a couple shots of the bikes together in front of the house after we were done riding....skies were looking dark so we called the ride short, sorry no crazy stories of redlining 186mph runs against each other just some good ole speed limit cruising :thumbsup:

bikes1.JPG

bikes2.JPG

bikes3.JPG

bikes4.JPG

Nice bikes bro! Nothing wrong with a cool easy cruise!
Posted via Mobile Device

good thing there were no 186mph runs,you would have had to wait for your friend to catch up..haha

very nice looking bikes,its not hard to see why the Busa is more popular when they are side by side like that,the 14 just doesnt compare in looks
:beerchug:

Rode with a guy on a ZX-14 in a group last year when I still had my ZRX1200. He was a drag racer and not so good in the twisties, toward the end of the day it caught him out on a weird little corner and into the ditch he went (kid on a 600 right behind him and right in front of me, fixated and followed him in). $1400 plastic damage and some ego rash but no injuries. 14s are nice bikes but more dragster oriented than a Busa.
An '08 14 did make 9 more HP than my Gen 1 last spring on our local dyno. Nice bikes the ZX-14s, but in these mechanical affairs of the heart, they have a nice personality.:;):

Yep, the busa is a lot better looking bike for sure, better aerodynamics, better everything.
I dont like the way kawasaki designed the brake an clutch fluid container,its soo ugly.
The busa has a much better looking cockpit.

:beerchug: nice to see a zx and a busa get along:laugh: thats alright about the speed limit thing we all know how it would have looked anyway:cheerleader:

post-6-91788-08_apr_shoot_busa_zx14_15.jpg

I liked them both also, Busa won me over by a small margin, I wish I could find a group that liked to cruise the posted limit, it's a lot more fun than 30 + crew all trying to be in front.:laugh: Sweet rides guys :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back