Brocks exhaust question....

Made 15 passes with mine, not picking my feet up untill well into second gear and never even got hot, maybe my feet are back farther.

How in the heck could your boot even get that HOT after ONE pass. I don't think that's even possible IMO. You had to notice some kind of heat before it got that bad. Sorry but I don't buy it...

You've got to be using spool pegs or something, otherwise it's not even in-line when installed right.
rock.gif

^^^ kinda agree...... and there is no way my foot would even be in that position to rest on the pipe

^^^ kinda agree......  and there is no way my foot would even be in that position to rest on the pipe
I want out and sat on my bike in my launch positoin and theres no way my boot is anywhere close to the Alien head. I have to be very uncomfortable to get my legs in where they are riding on the pipe.

I have been debating about posting this, but here goes. The Brock alien head is dangerous in my opinion. I makes great power, but there have been 2 other people I know of that have burned themselves. This photo is my brand new boot on the first pass with the AH. I drag race my bike, and generally don't worry about getting my feet on the pegs immediatly. I am now healing from second degree burns on my foot, ankle, and up my leg. Its been well over a month. The location of the pipe directly behind the pegs is dangerous in my opinion if you are used to leaving the line with your feet behind the bike during a launch. This happened in less than 3 seconds. I called Brock, and asked to swap out for a megaphone. He gave me the same price I can get anywere. For that price, I am going with a different brand. Very disapointed. Again, great power, but be very carefull. This can cause permanant damage to your body. Even Brock admitted that he knows of at least one other customer that has gotten burned. I generally wouldn't flame a vendor, but the response to a legitimate concern sucked. For those of you who think, JUST DONT PUT YOUR FEET BACK THERE, fine. That's obvious. For racers who buy these things because you whant the best ET, BE WARNED.
Are you selling it? Let me know.

I have been debating about posting this, but here goes. The Brock alien head is dangerous in my opinion. I makes great power, but there have been 2 other people I know of that have burned themselves. This photo is my brand new boot on the first pass with the AH. I drag race my bike, and generally don't worry about getting my feet on the pegs immediatly. I am now healing from second degree burns on my foot, ankle, and up my leg. Its been well over a month. The location of the pipe directly behind the pegs is dangerous in my opinion if you are used to leaving the line with your feet behind the bike during a launch. This happened in less than 3 seconds. I called Brock, and asked to swap out for a megaphone. He gave me the same price I can get anywere. For that price, I am going with a different brand. Very disapointed. Again, great power, but be very carefull. This can cause permanant damage to your body. Even Brock admitted that he knows of at least one other customer that has gotten burned. I generally wouldn't flame a vendor, but the response to a legitimate concern sucked. For those of you who think, JUST DONT PUT YOUR FEET BACK THERE, fine. That's obvious. For racers who buy these things because you whant the best ET, BE WARNED.
Are you selling it? Let me know.

Back