Exhaust Question - How loud...?

Greeblesnitz

Registered
Hey all I got my new 08 hayabusa a few weeks ago after having my 07 R1 stolen. I gotta say that this bike is amazing. Its fast, comfortable, and handles surprisingly well for its size. Anyways I did the standard mods first (levers, tank pad, fender elim) and i'm looking at exhaust. I got a pcIII sitting at home right now that I got for $259 and I'm kinda torn between exhausts.

I want a full system, SS is fine but after searching through the forums I'm torn between brocks A/H or TI-force. The price doesn't seem that far apart and they both look better than the stock pipe - the black ceramic coated A/H looks nice on the black/grey busa. I'm leaning toward the brocks exhaust but i've heard it is obscenely loud. I read a post on this forum or another busa forum where a shop installed an A/H exhaust and after 200 miles the customer wanted to swap it out because of how loud it was.

I checked youtube for some sound clips and the alien head sounds wicked at idle but just how loud is it going to get for street riding? How much of a difference is there between ti-force and the alien head? My only concern with how loud it is is that I don't want to open it up a bit and have every state trooper within 10 miles hear me. Plus I don't really want to be the ******* driving home at 3am waking everyone up. Thanks all!

Well, I got behind a guy with an alien head exhaust on his K8 a few weeks ago. It wasn't as loud as I feared. Don't get me wrong its loud, but its not THAT loud. Its way quieter then some harleys ive heard.

Funny thing is, it was loud enough for this old lady to roll down her window and tell the guy what she thought about it. It was a few weeks ago on Wade Hampton Blvd. lol. If your on this board you know who you are! That was pretty funny, I was rolling.

Hey all I got my new 08 hayabusa a few weeks ago after having my 07 R1 stolen. I gotta say that this bike is amazing. Its fast, comfortable, and handles surprisingly well for its size. Anyways I did the standard mods first (levers, tank pad, fender elim) and i'm looking at exhaust. I got a pcIII sitting at home right now that I got for $259 and I'm kinda torn between exhausts.

I want a full system, SS is fine but after searching through the forums I'm torn between brocks A/H or TI-force. The price doesn't seem that far apart and they both look better than the stock pipe - the black ceramic coated A/H looks nice on the black/grey busa. I'm leaning toward the brocks exhaust but i've heard it is obscenely loud. I read a post on this forum or another busa forum where a shop installed an A/H exhaust and after 200 miles the customer wanted to swap it out because of how loud it was.

I checked youtube for some sound clips and the alien head sounds wicked at idle but just how loud is it going to get for street riding? How much of a difference is there between ti-force and the alien head? My only concern with how loud it is is that I don't want to open it up a bit and have every state trooper within 10 miles hear me. Plus I don't really want to be the ******* driving home at 3am waking everyone up. Thanks all!
welcome.gif
to the best busa site around, and trust me i know.....tried em all b4 finding a home here
hello.gif
, now back to your question, i also have a 08 and am REALLY struggling between A/H or TI FORCE.....and after i did ALOT of searching(which i would encourage you to do the same on here)heres what ive came up with from the PEEPS that know cuase they have them!
BROCKS A/H; BEST STREET/STRIP exhaust hands down, makes awsome power all the way from idle to Oh SHEIT line, AWSOME MAPS(not only for track but street TOO) and tech support is out of this world. LOUDNESS-this was my biggest concern also, ive been told my almost everyone that owns one "its not that bad" most say that harleys are "WAY" louder, and that the A/H is one of the best sounding exhaust out there, So i think this is where im going to lay my $$$ down, but ive always been a dragracer by heart, its like a disease it just wont ever F#CKING go away
laugh.gif

TI-FORCE; dont know quite as much so deff get other opinions here....but this i know, one of if not the best fit and finish of any exhausts out for the 08 busa right now...LOOKS ARE AMAZING!!! makes pretty good all around power, but just not on par with brocks from what ive heard and seen. not too sure of there map selection, im sure its pretty good, and ive heard the cust service is awsome!!
So all in all if you want that dragbike power,look,feel, and sound=brocks A/H. if your busa will never see the inside of a dragstrip/street race,or you want to carve it up in the twistie's, and look awsome doing it=ti-force............but then again this just my
2cents.gif

Where I live almost all the Busa's have the Alien Head. I myself would LOVE to have a black powder coated one as well !! I think they sound great !! Not too loud at idle (at hooters they don't stand out from all the other sport bikes), but open that sucker up, and it's like music, wee to me anyway ??

just make sure you take pic.'s of it when you're done !!

and WELCOME !!

Appreciate the responses. Pretty sure I'm going to go with the alien head exhaust too now. Doesn't seem like its too bad based on the responses. I was down in Dover and a bike went past at maybe 50 mph and it looked like he had a canister for exhaust that had been cut.. i mean the pipe went to canister then half an inch of canister then the rest was cut off.. it was loud at 50 mph.. i mean really REALLY loud, reminded me of an air show.. but anyways..

So anyone know where to get a good deal on one?
ThumbsUp.gif

On a seperate topic anyone know much about the conversion for putting the gsxr1000 rear on the k8? I saw the white one on youtube and comments said he had to have the subframe handmade?

I just installed the brock street meg. Everyone kept telling me it was going to be too loud. When I toke off the stock mufflers on my K8 it was louder then what it sounds like now with the brock's. Bike sounds awesome now, you won't regret it. I actually toke out the silencer because it was to quiet.

Appreciate the responses. Pretty sure I'm going to go with the alien head exhaust too now. Doesn't seem like its too bad based on the responses. I was down in Dover and a bike went past at maybe 50 mph and it looked like he had a canister for exhaust that had been cut.. i mean the pipe went to canister then half an inch of canister then the rest was cut off..  it was loud at 50 mph.. i mean really REALLY loud, reminded me of an air show.. but anyways..

So anyone know where to get a good deal on one?  
ThumbsUp.gif

On a seperate topic anyone know much about the conversion for putting the gsxr1000 rear on the k8? I saw the white one on youtube and comments said he had to have the subframe handmade?
as far as where to buy one, check out the sponors on here first(try and throw some love there way first)or you can go right to www.brocksperformace.com i think there all about the same price if im not mistaken. as far as a 1k on gen2
face7.gif
........ wouldn't have a clue, never heard of such a thing? i will have to check out youtube 2 see i guess?

Some people are telling that Tiforce makes the most power on a 08 busa
sadnews.gif
REALLY?
rock.gif
? haven't heard that one. do you have a source, or even better a dyno of before(STOCK) and after(TI SYSTEN) on the SAME dyno? i could see MAYBE it making more hp vrs brocks NON A/H exhaust?
rock.gif
but i deff would like to see some numbers
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

yeah i remember reading a thread that said that the ti-force or the hmf made the most power of them i personally don't care to much for the brocks ah design and sound too much

Some people are telling that Tiforce makes the most power on a 08 busa
sadnews.gif
REALLY?
rock.gif
? haven't heard that one. do you have a source, or even better a dyno of before(STOCK) and after(TI SYSTEN) on the SAME dyno? i could see MAYBE it making more hp vrs brocks NON A/H exhaust?
rock.gif
but i deff would like to see some numbers
rock.gif
I remember reading a thread that said that to. I think overall Brock may make the most power on average but ti-force seems to be doing very well also.

rock.gif

rock.gif

Can't help you with your decision but, for what it's worth, I just took one of my bikes for inspection here in DE and they are really cracking down on loud exhausts. Anything over 100 decibels @ 2500 RPM will not pass. Just FYI...

I've been lurking for a while, just got a new 08 Busa - have a ZRX-1200 and GSXR 1000 in the garage right now also. Been riding for 20 years, and have to say, the new Busa blows me away every time I get on. Its a pussycat if you want it to be nice, and a vicious hungry beast when you twist it. So much fun!

The exhaust question is a big one for me... I know with the first generation busa, the tiforce and orient SUMO big bore exhaust made the best numbers. I am fairly sure the new 08 is the same. I spoke with Ken and Skip over at Orient and the new 08 exhaust has the big bore headers from the Sumo. they have a dyno chart posted on the website (which is meaningless, all the numbers are relative in the end). The gains are really impressive regardless. Almost 20hp, and big fat torque gains from down low to redline. I'd like to see the air fuel curve too, but you can't have everything.

here is the link:
http://www.orientexpress.com/images/catalog/TIF1308Dyno1v16.jpg

http://www.orientexpress.com also has a ton of other stuff for the bike. I just ordered a set of the new Sato Racing rearsets for my bike... and keep thinking about an Ohlins shock too LOL. That government check didn't last long!

I've been lurking for a while, just got a new 08 Busa - have a ZRX-1200 and GSXR 1000 in the garage right now also. Been riding for 20 years, and have to say, the new Busa blows me away every time I get on. Its a pussycat if you want it to be nice, and a vicious hungry beast when you twist it. So much fun!

The exhaust question is a big one for me... I know with the first generation busa, the tiforce and orient SUMO big bore exhaust made the best numbers. I am fairly sure the new 08 is the same. I spoke with Ken and Skip over at Orient and the new 08 exhaust has the big bore headers from the Sumo. they have a dyno chart posted on the website (which is meaningless, all the numbers are relative in the end). The gains are really impressive regardless. Almost 20hp, and big fat torque gains from down low to redline. I'd like to see the air fuel curve too, but you can't have everything.

here is the link:
http://www.orientexpress.com/images/catalog/TIF1308Dyno1v16.jpg

http://www.orientexpress.com also has a ton of other stuff for the bike. I just ordered a set of the new Sato Racing rearsets for my bike... and keep thinking about an Ohlins shock too LOL. That government check didn't last long!
DAMN YOU GUYS......just when i had my mind made up on the A/H
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
, NOW im back to where i was a week ago, oh well i just got to do more homework
cursin.gif

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

Sorry, was trying to make it easier for you. Tell you what... I'll order one today if you do :-) I really like that short conical canister in carbon - looks like a cannon!

Busaman5000, it was prob me. i love my a/h exhaust. if your cruising around in 6th chillen then its not really loud at all pretty quiet. yes it is louder than all other exhasts ive heard buts its not really loud. and it has a nice deep sound to it

Sound wise, the TiForce's that I have heard on 08's sound fantastic. A rich mellow rumble when cruising, not too loud or obnoxious, but then when you open the throttle and let her run up in RPM's - she has a deep loud roar. Exactly what I want.

Just called and ordered my exhaust from Ken. He said I should have it in two to three business days!!! WOO HOOO

Sorry, was trying to make it easier for you. Tell you what... I'll order one today if you do :-) I really like that short conical canister in carbon - looks like a cannon!
I just got off the phone with orient express and there claiming the 08 busa's making 174hp STOCK.....and 194-196hp with the 380mm S/S TI-FORCE system
SHOCKED.gif
......... if this is real, WOW thats damn good....oh and thats also w/ there custom map & K&N!!!! DUDE, i would love to be able to order a system right now, hey i tell you what order 2 have one drop shipped at my house and i will send 25.00 a month till its paid off YA?
whistling.gif

Busaman5000, it was prob me. i love my a/h exhaust. if your cruising around in 6th chillen then its not really loud at all pretty quiet. yes it is louder than all other exhasts ive heard buts its not really loud. and it has a nice deep sound to it
Could have been, but I didn't think it was. If I thought it was you I would have rode with you guys for a while.

The guy was riding with another guy on some other kind of sport bike. I never got a good look at it. But the two had just pulled out of power sports of Greenville, or it might have been cycle gear.

Was that you?

Sound wise, the TiForce's that I have heard on 08's sound fantastic. A rich mellow rumble when cruising, not too loud or obnoxious, but then when you open the throttle and let her run up in RPM's - she has a deep loud roar. Exactly what I want.

Just called and ordered my exhaust from Ken. He said I should have it in two to three business days!!! WOO HOOO
DAMN YOU.........well let us know how good it is? did you do the pipe,PC3, and air filter package? im sure you'll love it
thumb_up.gif

Back