Exhaust Question

Coach

Registered
I've been reading a lot of good things about the Tsukigi Cannon exhaust system and was wondering if there was a big difference in sound between the slip ons and the 4-2-1 system. I want a good loud sound but I kind of like the dual exhaust...any opinions?

Ok. have the Yosh R-77 full system and when I heard the Canon i decided to trade up. It's on order and I'm waiting for arrival now. I got use to the single pipe as will you. The canon is rediculously loud. Almost too loud! Anyone behind you for a long period of time will hate you and your neighbors will hate you after a few late eveinings comming home. It makes good power and is LOUD!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I love the look of the canon but that sucker is loud... (too loud for my riding) sure is a nice looking pipe however..

I love the look of the canon but that sucker is loud... (too loud for my riding) sure is a nice looking pipe however..

I couldn't agree more, I absolutly love the look of the Tsukigi Cannon, from the first time I saw, I knew I had to have it. I got it, and it was WAY loud. The noise echoed around in my helmet, and honestly made it annouying to ride for longer than 20 minutes. What good is abike that annouys you when you ride it? I just took it off and sold it.
I realize everyone's taste is different, so you may like the loudness.. but for Me, it wasnt worth it.

I like my r77 even though I did consider the cannon first. But it is LOUD! I wish they had done it in a duel setup though with the full system!

With the single system you have a weigh advantage and the full systems give you ponies, not the slipons.

I love my cannon..it is very loud. I fail the hearing test at work every year so it does't seem that loud to me. :lol:

if you want a dual slip-on setup that makes alot of noise just buy some D&D's and save yourself some money.

There is actually a new cannon that has a different end cap that knocks off around 10db...not as quiet as the yosh R-77...but more quiet then the standard cannon....we also off a regular oval can that is pretty quiet.

Ok. have the Yosh R-77 full system and when I heard the Canon i decided to trade up. It's on order and I'm waiting for arrival now. I got use to the single pipe as will you. The canon is rediculously loud. Almost too loud! Anyone behind you for a long period of time will hate you and your neighbors will hate you after a few late eveinings comming home. It makes good power and is LOUD!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It is here!!!! Call when you r ready- Greg

I wonder if the cannon is going to make more power on his bike... since they are so different ???. That might shut some people up if it is the same as mine.:whistle:

There is actually a new cannon that has a different end cap that knocks off around 10db...not as quiet as the yosh R-77...but more quiet then the standard cannon....we also off a regular oval can that is pretty quiet.
You get that canon down under 100db and I am sold.. I love the look of the sectioned pipe (must be from my old 2stroker days and expansion chambers)

I would even consider a "dual" canon setup if that gets the noise down to acceptable..

I wonder if the cannon is going to make more power on his bike... since they are so different ???. That might shut some people up if it is the same as mine.:whistle:

You have to compare apples-to-apples. If the other bike didn't have a full custom tune and the new exhaust does it better make more power or I'd want a refund... :laugh:

Post up the results (with no other changes), it would be a much better and more accurate comparison than the other thread... ;)

You have to compare apples-to-apples. If the other bike didn't have a full custom tune and the new exhaust does it better make more power or I'd want a refund... :laugh:

Post up the results (with no other changes), it would be a much better and more accurate comparison than the other thread... ;)
You are an exception to most of the rules.. you would notice a couple ponies as you are running LSR events.. (and probably laugh harder at many of the "claims" made by the wanna be 200mph bikes)

As for the masses? no way on earth they could tell you from one pipe to the other 2 or even 5 hp..

I have also firmly trounced bikes that I KNOW had more power than I did at the drag strip.. We have turbo bikes running mid 10's (I would be embarrassed) HP meant squat..

I do like the look of that canon all the same..

Last edited:
You are an exception to most of the rules.. you would notice a couple ponies as you are running LSR events.. (and probably laugh harder at many of the "claims" made by the wanna be 200mph bikes)

As for the masses? no way on earth they could tell you from one pipe to the other 2 or even 5 hp..

I have also firmly trounced bikes that I KNOW had more power than I did at the drag strip.. We have turbo bikes running mid 10's (I would be embarrassed) HP meant squat..

I do like the look of that canon all the same..

You are exactly correct! That's why I get a kick out of these guys playing the dyno game that only want to talk PEAK numbers. Just because you have more peak power doesn't mean the bike is going to be faster...

Heck, there are all kinds of tricks to show more power on the dyno which are going to make the bike run SLOWER in a race or on the street...

I can't help but laugh when I try to help people and they get caught up in the fluff and don't look at ALL the facts... :laugh:

The truth is you really can't go wrong with any of the systems out right now. Some will make more peak power and some will be faster in a race. It all depends what game you want to play. I think the results show for themselves. When 100% stock motor bikes run with or faster than shop build bikes, I don't think you need post up a dyno sheet to tell you who knows how to tune.... :beerchug:

Any pictures...?

I will see if Hiro can get me a picture to post up....it is the cannon but the outlet is a smaller diameter...I doubt it will get under 100db....probley around 105 give or take...allot depends on weather conditions. If it is a cool crisp day it will be louder...we have seen a difference in db based on the weather!

Let me see if a dual slip on's might be an option.....I will see what we can come up with!

I love my cannons, loud pipes save lives. Deer used to run in front of me sometimes with the stock ones but, not since the cannons.

Back