Simple Exhaust Question

kebz

Registered
I just purchased an 09 Silver Busa and am about to do the normal first mod, replace the exhaust. I am not sure if I am going to go with a full system or a pair of slip-on. I like the idea of slip-ons if they allow me to go back to stock if I ever wanted to. However, I know most slip-ons require you cut the exhaust which kinda negates that benefit. Can anyone confirm that Yoshi slip-on require cutting of the exhaust? Thanks very much!

Not sure IMO I would go with a Alien head full system from Brock's & a Power commander once you do that you will never go back to anything let alone stock

We all have our preferences. I have owned only full-systems in the past and a dyno will tell me 5-10 hp with negligible torque. I can't say I felt a difference between any setup. I think the difference is in our heads for the most part. Since I am not big into the power gains, I just want the exhaust for the look and sound. Brock's makes a great looking exhaust but I cannot see putting $1500 into an exhaust and PC-III. Right now I am leaning toward the slip-ons to prevent me having to run a PC-III and spending that extra $300. Plus, I can go back to stock if I ever wanted to sell the bike. However, if I am forced to cut my exhaust, I might as well just run a full exhaust and save the old one.

The Akras are very well made too. I went for the 4 into 1 full race system, mainly because I wanted to save as much weight as possible without the system being too loud, as it can be for some with the excellent Brock systems.

I had a full Yosh on my '01 and was very happy with sound/performance but later realized that I actually preferred the "dual" look. When i bought my '08 (used), was so happy that it already had Yosh TRC CF s/o:cheerleader:. And as already stated above, no cutting needed whatsoever :) Heck, might as well use this as a chance to post a pic :)

Last edited:
I haven't seen any slip ons systems that require you to have to cut the stock exhaust...they just bolt up to the stock header.

Not sure IMO I would go with a Alien head full system from Brock's & a Power commander once you do that you will never go back to anything let alone stock

I have to agree with him and for the price of slip ons I would just go with a full exhaust.

15f80cb1.jpg

Last edited:
he said he had full on other bike but after tune ex he didnt realy tell a diff?

you should have and i know with my 09 i did !

i went with slip ons no cutting with slip ons , but when i wanted to move up and i didnt want to buy a new full system i got he vance and hines performance headers, they are made for any/ most slip ons, and well id dynoed and the same # as most full systems

any how go with what you want i know with me and some others its money as well,

It should also be noted that with a full system you loose the cat, so the bike can never be anywhere near legal for the road. I don't know why I said that because i could care less about it, but just felt like typing I guess.

:tiptoe:

For max weight savings a full system! For some weight reduction and the dual look, then slip-ons! No cutting required... just unbolt and unclamp and add slip ons into place! Enjoy which ever method you choose!:beerchug:

No cutting here,.... I love the dual look so I went with the slip-ons and will be getting the V&H header soon. The sound with these really gives her a deep growl; of course the db reduction inserts have been removed.

P6210479.jpg

P6210482.jpg

Back