Another Exhaust Thread

Vance and Hines header to go with them, that factory catalytic converter puts out way too much heat.
Your feet will thank you.:laugh:

That would require a dyno tune wouldnt it?

Some say no, but after seeing what my AFR's looked like on a dyno with the full system, BMC Race filter and a Bazzaz with slip-on map, it without a doubt needed a tune

That would require a dyno tune wouldnt it?

To perform at it's best, yes. To run safely and not burn down the engine, no.
Mine has a gutted converter, slip ons, STP's removed, and K&N. Run perfect? No, but I'm waiting to buy a full system before I have it dyno tuned. The spark plugs look like new, and the bike runs and sounds fine.
V&H header has an O2 bung, the bike will run as good as stock with it.
Please ask a reputable tuner(not someone who wants your money).Your bike will run fine untuned until you can have it done.
Having your bike tuned with a full exhaust or else your engine will be ruined is an all too common misconception that needs to die.
My arguement is; where are all the burned down, leaned out, trashed engines that have been running with no tune? I've yet to see one.
Maybe your Org status could get the question amswered by someone who really knows. Johnny Cheese? Smithabusa? Can one of you guys shed some light on this? In my defense, I'm only stating that you can safely run a full system on an otherwise stock engine with the stock tune, and not cause damage. Of course they run much better tuned.:beerchug:

I like the R77 myself, But FMF does make very good stuff, The exhaust I have on my dirt bike is FMF, And I have had the FMF on past dirtbikes and always had good luck with them.

I love my Brocks CT-1. It is not nearly as loud as the AH systems, but it is louder than my old Gen3 pipe I had on my last bike. I may try the silencer insert and see how it is. Mine ran fine when it was unmapped, but I am still going to dyno tune it anyway

DSC03500-1.jpg

Thats a good looking pipe bro. I cant tell in the pic, is that a single side or dual?

It is a single. Couldn't afford the duals :laugh:

I tell you what, the thing fits like a glove. It went on so easy, even easier than the Gen 3 pipe I had last time. And the whole pipe weighs less than one stock muffler assy!

I really liked it till I saw the price tag on Brock's web site. Good Lord. :laugh:

I don't want to hijack the thread, but does anyone run a Tsukigi exhaust? I am really diggin the look, and they sound pretty sexy, but how do they perform?

Yeah, I have a Tsukigi full exhaust and love it. I personally don't care for the looks of the Brocks, but that is just a personal thing. Tsukigi is top quality (just look at the welds), construction and fit. I bought mine for a decent price from Hypercycle in Maryland, but believe they are now out of business. They are however very very loud. I bought the silencer kit to go along with it and am very satisfied. Many say you need a dyno tune, but mine runs just fine without one.

im gonna sell the tiforce and bazzaz setup off my bike. lmk if your interested.

you could buy my complete setup cheaper than that brocks pipe.

my factory system carries the exhaust to the rear of my bike just fine.

save the money and use it to finance some trips!

Back