installing full brocks exhaust

some quick pics of the issue

busa mid pipe.jpg

20120724_001231.jpg

Are they the same diameter? The end from the can looks slightly larger, just out of round to fit the mid pipe.

im going to use a pipe expander to round out the muffler but i have to wait till sunday to do it since im going to clean up the welds inside the tubes. the finish is not as top notch as i thought it would be on this full system, especially with all the hype and talk this exhaust gets. the full ti arrow system i had on my triumph was much better fit and finish along with the acropovic ti exh i had on my r1. both excellent fit systems and great quality.

I did a shorty meg install on mine about 2 months ago. Had the same issue of the pipes being out of round at the muffler and midpipe. I ended up taking some big channel locks and running it in circles around the inside muffler pipe until I was able to get it round enough to slip on the midpipe. It was a pain and I had to have a buddy help hold it for me while I rounded it out. But that is why you test fit it all together before putting the permatex on the tube joints that they provide you with. Also I only remove the radiator. I didn't like the idea of cracking open the oil cooler when it wasn't too much in the way. I flushed the radiator system out with vinegar and water after getting the exhaust on and letting it set for a day. Perfect opportunity to flush out that stock crap and put some better juice in her. I ended up going with "Engine Ice" and used one and a half bottles. Runs a little cooler but you can still feel the heat coming out of the fairings when riding. Good Luck... the install is pretty easy. I didn't have a Power Commander V when I bought it so I took the O2 sensor plug that comes with it and tapped it for the stock one. It barely was able to accommodate the stock sensor but it will if you are careful and don't drill too big of a hole. FYI, Brock's is against the stock O2 sensor being used.

i got the exh on an it sounds much better than my hotbodies mega phone slip ons. i have some side by side comparos to the stock exh. Now brock says dont run the o2 sensor. i do not have a powercommander yet, can i run the bike or will i lean out and damage it?i searched a bit on the forum and found a few people running the exh and k/n or bmc filters w/o a tuner and claim no issues.

back side exh.jpg

sxs exh.jpg

Yeah, I was not a big fan of the build quality either. I have the all black set up also. The paint or whatever was used on the headers looked like doo doo. I had it sand blasted. The welds, there is whole thread on that.

im going to use a pipe expander to round out the muffler but i have to wait till sunday to do it since im going to clean up the welds inside the tubes. the finish is not as top notch as i thought it would be on this full system, especially with all the hype and talk this exhaust gets. the full ti arrow system i had on my triumph was much better fit and finish along with the acropovic ti exh i had on my r1. both excellent fit systems and great quality.

I had the O2 sensor deleted with ECU editor.

i got the exh on an it sounds much better than my hotbodies mega phone slip ons. i have some side by side comparos to the stock exh. Now brock says dont run the o2 sensor. i do not have a powercommander yet, can i run the bike or will i lean out and damage it?i searched a bit on the forum and found a few people running the exh and k/n or bmc filters w/o a tuner and claim no issues.

i was hoping i could find a plug in o2 sensor eliminator and just tune with a powercommander.

pcs said:
i was hoping i could find a plug in o2 sensor eliminator and just tune with a powercommander.

If you buy the power commander I believe it comes with the plug for the delete. If it doesn't I want to say I've seen them for around $15

Back