installing full brocks exhaust

pcs

Registered
i just ordered a brocks short meg in black w/ red plate and was wondering if the install is a straight forward install similar to other sport bikes. looked around the site and found some good pics but just thought i would ask first. ive ran/installed full exhaust on most of my other sport bikes but my r1 was a bit of a PITA with the 2 cans in the rear.
got it from ball z site sponsor, good price and thx for the fast ship.

Wow haven't had a double post in a long time. Second post is correct I believe.

Put a Short Meg on mine and easy installation,and Brock says just loosen the radiator but i went ahead and took it off(a lot easier not having it hanging in the way:laugh:).

newbike021.jpg

newbike024.jpg

newbike027.jpg

newbike028.jpg

newbike026.jpg

thx for the pics and info, can wait to start wrenching. i mind as well do an early oil change since these plastics arent the easiest to get off and i have easy access to the filter. ill post pics of my pipe as well since i could find a pic with the black exh with the red plate on a busa, only chrome with the red plate was all i found on my search.

take radiator off its not too bad the hardest part is getting the old exhaust off make sure you have some good allen heads becareful not to strip out or break off an exhaust stud like i did

Someone on this forum has a black brocks with a black exhaust.

thx for the pics and info, can wait to start wrenching. i mind as well do an early oil change since these plastics arent the easiest to get off and i have easy access to the filter. ill post pics of my pipe as well since i could find a pic with the black exh with the red plate on a busa, only chrome with the red plate was all i found on my search.

remove the radiator and oil cooler and its a breeze, get some allens that attach to a ratchet and have extra antifreeze. Also my personal recomendation is that you get new exhaust gaskets so that way it gives you the peace of mind of not having a leak and having to do it all over again.

That's also when i did my 1st oil/filter change.:thumbsup:

this will be my 3rd, did my first at 500mile then the oil plug started to leak so had the dealer fix that for the second change, now im at 3k miles but ill drop the filter since im in there.

Do you HAVE to remove the radiator/oil cooler? If I do remove the radiator, can I just refill the antifreeze/coolant once I connect it back up or does it need a whole new coolant flush?

Do you HAVE to remove the radiator/oil cooler? If I do remove the radiator, can I just refill the antifreeze/coolant once I connect it back up or does it need a whole new coolant flush?

No, just remove all the mounting bolts and let it hang so you can maneuver it as needed to get the headpipe in place.

I don't know how many we've put on, at least 6 Gen-2's and every one of them has had at least one header bolt bent, sometimes 3 or 4. I think they overtorque them at the factory. I keep some extra screws in my toolbox so I don't have to chase them down when I need them.

got all the parts in this morning before i went to work and pulled all the goodies out. looks good but the mid pip and the muffler pipe do not fit ??? looks like they pipe is not rounded completely and the muffler will not slip over. both head pipes fit well in the mid however. kinda disappointed bc i took a day off to do the work and now i cant. ill post pics in the morn when i have better light.

I would have slapped that header on and called Brocks. It would actually run a tad quieter that way :laugh:

Back