Bosch 044 and FMU pull too much current? Bike dies in boost

hezekiahmunson

Registered
I have a 2005 with a Hahn turbo kit using an FMU. It ran fine before my recent changes.

1. Replace little MSD pump with Bosch 044 (amp hog)
2. Fuel cell
3. Moved boost from 6 to 9psi

Around 9000 rpm and 9psi of boost the electricals seem to cut out for a second and come right back. The tach
falls so it seems like its electrical. Its only when getting to max boost it seems.

The FMU is wide open at that point so the Bosch is using as many amps as it can, could it be its too many amps
for the stock stator? Ive tried two batteries and same issue.

Thanks
Frank

Your battery is capable of giving 100 Amps for a few seconds and at that point your bike actually starts. So, I doubt other electrical device could drain so much current causing the gauges to go out, unless it shares the load with the gauges and there is really poor electrical connection where they are connected. I think poor electrical connection like in the latter case, or somewhere in connectors may be to blame and in this case such connector simply resonates at a certain rpm.

What is fuel cell?

Did it start happening all of a sudden, or rarely at first, but then more often?

What about if you try 9000 rpm, but with no boost (i.e. just cruise in 1st or 2nd)?

Back