Finally – My First Turbo Experience – 1/4 Mile and Powerhouse Motorcycle Feedback *PI

Re: Finally – My First Turbo Experience – 1/4 Mile and Powerhouse Motorcycle Feedback

Got another question: is riding in the wet scary?

Re: Finally – My First Turbo Experience – 1/4 Mile and Powerhouse Motorcycle Feedback

I want a Turbo :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Congratulations bro,i've never regretted mine either.:thumbsup:

IMG_0225-2.jpg

Thank's for the right up. You did a great job explaining how an average joe would go about getting into a "solid daily rider" turbo Busa. It seems that you wanted and expected every thing that I and many others would want when going the turbo route for a daily rider. I have drooled over other's turbo projects but never have thought that I would actually do it because of fear due to maintenace, tuning, and reliability issues. After reading your post it now seems like a turbo would work for me.

I realy love the way that your bike is not streached and looks very close to the way it rolled out of the dealership. It even has the stock mud flap and turn signals, not even an under tail! It's a sleeper of a bike. The modest look of your bike (very little bling) while haveing a power house motor makes it one of the cool'est Busa's I have ever seen! SUPER MEAN WITHOUT THE BLING!

I still can't beleave my eyes, you even have the OEM warning stickers and reflectors!

Great job brother, S/T.

PS, Piratediverjeff has a very sweet ride, but that sleeper turbo Busa is the best!

Last edited:

do you have different right side plastic's for the exhaust?if so where did you get it? and how much.. im trying to get enough cash saved up for a winter turbo build. I wanna get all my ends figured out..

IG - Yes, I have gotten stuck in a few downpours. No issues just ride the bike as normal. Just like a stock bike you wouldn't take it past 5K RPM in the rain. Same goes for the turbo.

Snaggletooth - Thanks for the words. I don't see myself with a stretch, chrome, etc.. Remember this bike was bone stock. I bought it to Frank with 1000 miles and nothing done to the bike. It mainly sat for the last 7 years. Of course I had him to a compression/leakdown test on the stock motor to confirm it was up to par. I've put on over 5K miles since I got the turbo last March. No drivability issues. It all comes down to who tunes/builds it. It is worth the shipping price of the bike to just have him do it. The biggest thing to me is having a stable shop who will still be in business after the job is done. Frank has been at his current location for over 15 years I believe. Go for the Turbo I promise you won't reget it. All I do is change the oil every 2k miles.

PitBull13 - Frank did the cut for me. All I did was hand deliver a bone stock 2003 Hayabusa. The cut came out perfect. Maybe you can send a fairing to Frank to cut out. All I knwo is that is something you want to get right the first time. :please:

I just got an HD FLIP cam and will be taking a bunch more videos and pictures next saturday when I get back from North Carolina. :thumbsup:

Back