Better Seat

DaveBoyd

Registered
Anybody have any idea of a much more comfortable seat. I can ride but 20 miles before my butt bones start toget really sore.

Any suggestions woul be appreciated

Thanks
Dave

(kaosccw @ May 21 2007,05:35) I've heard of a gel seat but I'm not sure where I saw them advertised.
I have this Gel seat factory OEM by suzuki part $125 i have seen them, awesome investement and it is so comfy and looks good as well:
DsBusa095.jpg

You can get them cheaper at Roy Ayers.

The gel seats are great. Here are the down sides. The fabric will hold water. So if it rains while you are grabbing a snack, your but will be wet on the way home. The gel holds heat! If you drop in for a bite, grab a bag of ice for your seat. Otherwise you will have some schwetty balls for the rest of your ride. The gel doesn't cool down very fast. But they are definitely worth it.

Later,

Steve

You will get a variety of opinions on the subject. I use a Corbin. It is hard and take a bit to break in but, I have ridden 300 mile days with it and it was much more comfortable than the stock seat. A lot of guys really like Tobin’s modifications of a stock seat. I have sat on a couple and I think is a great seat for shorter rides, but I’ll keep my Corbin. Some say the Corbin is too hard. Used Corbins come up for sale fairly often. Buy a used one and give it a shot. If if does not work out for you, you can easily get most of your money back out of it. A set of 8 panel bicycle shorts helps a bunch on the longer rides as well.

Might ask Busawhipped...... he put in a 800 mile day this weekend, but I don't remember what seat he is using.

Oh…. And Welcome to the board!

(Tree @ May 21 2007,07:10) You can get them cheaper at Roy Ayers.

The gel seats are great.  Here are the down sides.  The fabric will hold water.  So if it rains while you are grabbing a snack, your but will be wet on the way home.  The gel holds heat!  If you drop in for a bite, grab a bag of ice for your seat.  Otherwise you will have some schwetty balls for the rest of your ride.  The gel doesn't cool down very fast.  But they are definitely worth it.

Later,

Steve
Txs for the heads up lol, just got this and guess i have some things to look out for !

Back