Anyone running a corbin seat?

quikbusa

Donating Member
Registered
I have 2 thousand miles on my 06 and I have done some long rides that past two weekends. I rode for about 2 hours tonight and my tail bone feels like it is bruised. It is pretty sore and tender. Do any of you guys run the Corbin seat for the Busa? Tobin seats are sweet, but I like to slide my a*s all the way to the back to the hump and lay on the tank. It looks like the tobin would be uncomfortable in that sense. I'm 6"2 225lbs. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hey Bro
Ive been running a Corbin for about 10,000+ mi and no problems with long rides (4hrs or more) and thru mountain twisties....Im 6'4" 230lbs.

idea.gif
think you got your answer.

The Corbin is good, but a little firm. It will take a while to break in to your butt, but then it feels pretty good. Probably not the best for hanging off, and a little heavy, but nicely made and it fits well.

Even though it is firm, it is very comfortable. My soreness after the long rides is never in my butt after getting the Corbin. Now if I could just find a way to prevent the neck and back strain on those all day rides...

I've had both and for what your wanting to do, the Corbin will be the best. Even though sliding your Butt out will take some doing since the corbin seat is cupped in the rear. But it's doable, just not as comfortable as a stock FLAT seat
cool.gif

Quik... Call Corbin and see how far there FL site is from you. You might be able to make a day trip out of it and have it custom fitted to your butt and watch them make it. That is what they do out here. I was at the Holister, CA plant last week and saw quite a few people getting seats fitted to their butts...

Thanks all. I really appreciate the info. Corbin does have a store in Daytona so i will take a ride up there. I could just pick it up there. I am planning a long ride this Sat. I can already feel my a*s killling me. Ill take a few Alieve before I leave and during. Gotta get that seat!

I am sure you have heard this before but Bicycle shorts are the ticket on those long rides whether you have a Corbin or not. My corbin is "FIRM" but it is firm where it needs to be firm! Not the perfect ticket if you do a lot of stop and go though. The ridges on the sides are not designed for sitting at a stop light. But the seat comes into it's own when you are rolling. Even more so when you are on it all day long. I like Corroded Aliens input too! If you can go there and have them make your seat while you wait would be awesome! There is a place called Rich's in Seattle that does custom seats and they are legendary in the distance riding community. You get an appointment and ride in, they sculpt the seat to you, make you ride it around a bit and then send you out to lunch while they sew up your skin and finish the seat! Off you go on your comfy new custom seat.

I just got my Busa a few months ago and got the Corbin Passenger Seat with the back rest for my wife and Children when they take rides with me. They all commented on how comfortable it was so I now have the front Corbin seat as well. That was the best purchase and even around town I think it is far more comfortable than the stock seat and more comfortable than gel seats I have looked at. I am 6' 280 lb and really make the seat work. lol

Since Tobin done such an excellent job for me, I'll go into bat for him. Like he really needs my help, lol. He custom manufacters his seats to meet your spec. I doubt it would be any issue for him to give an extra inch out back for a bit of sliding action. He built mine off a waist measurment and it is the most comfortable seat I own, the lowering effect of the seat really adds to the way the bike feels too. If he made sofas, I'd buy one. If you have a mate who has a Tobin nearby, take a ride to check it out. Well worth it. Either way, post pics of your new look and let us know what you think.

At the Hollister plant they have the usual firm padding or you can opt for a softer padding. They prefer to use their own seatbase but will use yours if you want. You can ride in early on any morning and ride out with a new seat before noon. Appts are also accepted. Being there in person you can choose the style and color of the cover as well. (Piping) is not a good idea.

I had one on my bike but got rid of it. When its time to shift your body around its not as forgiving as the stock seat. You can't slide as far forward and if you want to hang off the side you'd have to lift you ass off the seat then try to find the proper position. Nice for tour riding but not suited for sport riding in my opinion. And Pricey . Almost $300.00 for a seat , hmmm thats an new set of tires or a PC III , or a Leather Jacket . Thats Damn near the price of some wave rotors or a Chain and Sprocket kit . Halfway to a set of Chrome wheels , a set of racing cams or a Chrome extended swingarm. If your a rider that likes to just put a lot of mile on the bike every weekend then it would be prefect . But if you like to take your tires to the edges , then stay with what you have.

Back