Corbin or Tobin seat?

I have bought Corbin seats for other bikes like my ZX-9R and Mean Streak but never got used to the material they used in making the seats.

i WILL be getting a seat from new image.:thumbsup:

ive had a cut seat before and liked how it sits and put u in the bike.

It sounds like Tobin is the way to go, just worried about my long legs and the fact that Tobin sits you down even further. And if you get the Buel peg mod, do you risk dragging a peg in deep corners?

to this day i dont know how anyone rides with those Buell pegs. My boots were scraping all over. Had them on for a total of 10 minutes. Now they sit in the tool box.

I tried the Suzuki gel seat and now the Corbin.
Would not try anything else.
Love my Corbin.
(Hey look at it and see where the boys are sitting. COMFORT) :laugh:

You ain't kidding. I'm a big dude as well, I don't want my junk jammed against the tank all the time. Corbin for me!

The Buell pegs are fine unless the bike is lowered and/or you have huge feet. I have no real complaints with mine, the reduced foot clearance is a decent tradeoff for my knees not to be hitting the top crease of the tank.

The Corbin seat is really nicely made, but is designed for taller riders who sit farther back. I can tell how nice this seat would be when I slide backwards, but the reach to the bars is too much from that position. So if you're short, don't get the Corbin. It will put too much pressure on your inner thighs and won't spread your weight for comfort. I've had Corbin seats on other bikes and loved them, but do not like the one on my Busa at all.

I have a Tobin on my gen 1 for over 5 years now and no problems with it what so ever. my wife also has had a Tobin on hers as well. Very good product :thumbsup:.

How is the Corbin on that inner thigh area? I have been debating getting one or finding someone to re-do my stock seat by filing it with memory foam and cutting it down so I don't get the 'tired' inner thigh area, along with the other pains, on a long distance ride...

How is the Corbin on that inner thigh area? I have been debating getting one or finding someone to re-do my stock seat by filing it with memory foam and cutting it down so I don't get the 'tired' inner thigh area, along with the other pains, on a long distance ride...

I have the Busa Gel seat also, helps with the other pains but it still hits too high up on my inner thighs..too wide for where a tall guy sits...

the reduced foot clearance is a decent tradeoff for my knees not to be hitting the top crease of the tank.

The Buell pegs take up the same foot print in area as the stock pegs with feelers on them.

If your gonna drag anything it'l be the toe slider on your boots, :thumbsup:

The places that I am finding want your seat to either re-do or for the core if they ship you one...

The Buell pegs take up the same foot print in area as the stock pegs with feelers on them.

If your gonna drag anything it'l be the toe slider on your boots, :thumbsup:

Yep, that's what I was getting at. Even in NOT spirited riding, with my bike lowered my toes scrape everywhere. I'm probably going to raise the rear back up to stock height at a minimum.

Back