Which seat is better corbin or tobin

woodman

Registered
Hope I have the names right.Had a corbin seat for my cbr600f4i and loved it. The old seat would give me ass burn in about 30 mins....I could ride all day with the corbin if my back held out.

Just seems most guys on hear end up going with the Tobin.....I'm also vertically challanged and I found the Corbin actually raised the seat height of my CBR which was the only negative. From what I see the Tobin actually lowers the seat height????Is that true??

Anyways let me know ur thoughts....

Cheers

It depends on personal preference. I like the Corbin I have. I have sat on Corbin seats that I didn't like on other bikes. Also, Corbin makes a completely new seat. Tobin/New Image reshape the stock seat.

Just do a search for the different seat types, you'll probably find all the info you need. The lower profile of the Tobin / New Image seats may benefit shorter riders as it lowers seat height about 1.5" from stock.

72.jpg

Last edited:
Does the back of the Tobin seat cause any bad effects??For instance does it keep u from stretching out or sliding back....Just looks a little restrictive.

I maybe stretched out enough as it is with the long reach to the bars.

You can request, as I did to not have it cut down, they just reshaped the foam to make it way more comfy..now I can use my whole seat on the corners

I think if you move around a lot like changing center of gravity, hanging knees etc. the Corbin is the way to go. Hard foam great for long distance rides. Wardie

I bought a New Image busa seat off of Ebay. They are the co. that I believe supplies Tobin. Excellent quality & customer service. It was about $150 with an OEM seat exchange (which I scored off Ebay for $25). I still have my original stock seat. For me, The cut down seat puts me lower into the bike and the back lip keeps you planted. FWIW, I have Corbin's on my others and they are great too. Here's a pic of the New Image...
IMG_2283.jpg

I have alot of corbins seats come into my shop all the time and stock seats off of sport bikes. I like the shapes of the corbins seats but they seem a little hard to me so i do alot of gel inserts to the corbins all the time. Now there is a big weight differnce in the seats alot of the corbins are fiberglass pretty heavy. Now the tobin seats are stock seats cut down 1.5 "in down to give it a drag seats look then adding a thin layer of foam to smooth out all the sanding marks and lines for a finshed look . So the really big facter is getting your seat shaped to fit you is the key find a good upholstery shop and have them shape it to your body position and you can releave pressure points if its done right what i do with my customers is have them come in for a fit i have them sit on the bike mark where i need to reshape the seat take off the cover reshape it and then have them do a test ride and adjust as needed it takes me two or three test rides to fit someone i just got done with the 13 bikes with the state trooper here in charleston theY ride all day long on there patrol bikeS and from what they tell me it made all the differnce in the world . Hope this helps houser heres a seat i did for a harley today

IMG00259.jpg

Last edited:
Back