Anyone using a Corbin Seat?

hkrauss

Registered
I've looked at the Tobin seat and it's a little too low for me ... will cramp my knees. Anyone have feedback on a Corbin or Suzuki gel seat? Thanks.

Haven't tried any of the 3 but I've actually heard from quite a few people that the stock seat is better than the gel.

I've been using a Corbin for almost five years now.... They are hard as a rock for the first 1,000 or so! Then the break in to your back side. The only downside I can feel or see is the width. This can become painful after several long hours of riding.

I have the Suzuki Gel seat and the Tobin seat... never tried the Corbin but my wife has the Corbin for the back seat and LOVES it. I love the Gel on long trips and love the Tobin around town.

I love my corbin.

seat.jpg

(TurboSN95 @ Sep. 07 2007,07:57) never tried the Corbin but my wife has the Corbin for the back seat and LOVES it.  
Does she still have to hold on to you while riding or is it sturdy enough to where she doesn't have to?

I'm asking because I thought about getting one for my girl on my bike. But if she still has to bend over to hold on to me, it'll be pretty useless I'd think.

My wife normally holds onto the grab bar, except for when i'm on the brakes... then she may put her hands on my back to keep her from sliding forward.

(TurboSN95 @ Sep. 07 2007,09:08) My wife normally holds onto the grab bar, except for when i'm on the brakes... then she may put her hands on my back to keep her from sliding forward.
Got'cha. Thanks.

Yes, I agree... The back rest will support her, but unless she hangs onto the rail she will still be leaned against you from time to time. My guess is due to the angle at which the bike sits in relation to the position of the seats.

I agree with Waterbug, the Corbins are a bit wider and on my TL1000R it made it unbearable on long trips. So, I went back to the stocker on long trips and it was WONDERFUL ! Although, I had and have Corbins on a Kaw GPZ 1100 and it was GREAT, and on all my Ducati's they are the seat to have  
super.gif

My experience seems to be a bit different. I found the width actually helped on long trips. Now if you are talking about long periods of stop and traffic I could understand. Where the Corbin seems to be uncomfortable to me is stopped with both feet on the ground. The width causes it to dig into my thighs in stopped position. I noticed it more when I raised the bike up to stock height (was 1â€￾down). I have a 35â€￾ inseam. As soon as you lift your legs the pressures is relieved. So if you are riding in Daytona bike week traffic and you have short legs….. you are going to hate the Corbin. It also allows you to adjust position fairly easy while making 50-100 mile legs of a trip.

Like KS-bug stated, you have to break a Corbin in a few miles before the feel right.

Get a very good quality pair of bicycle shorts (6-8 panel) to try on the longer trips as well. I bit of anti monkey but powder helps as well.

I have ridden on a Tobin. I like the look, and the seat did well on the short ride. It was not as comfortable to me as my Corbin. I’d like to have one to ride the bike to the race track, however. It would be more comfortable than the carbon fiber seat pan I race on for the 20 miles to the track.

The Tobin being cut down , reduces the seat to peg measurement. Meaning you will have to bend your legs more.

The Corbin raises the height slightly from stock.

All of this will depend on your inseam and weight. My opinions are based on being 6’0 35â€￾ inseam and 230lbs.

I like the way the gel seat feels but park it in the sun and you’ll find the true meaning of heated seats…
firedevil.gif

(Professor @ Sep. 07 2007,15:07) My experience seems to be a bit different. I found the width actually helped on long trips. Now if you are talking about long periods of stop and traffic I could understand. Where the Corbin seems to be uncomfortable to me is stopped with both feet on the ground. The width causes it to dig into my thighs in stopped position. I noticed it more when I raised the bike up to stock height (was 1â€down). I have a 35†inseam. As soon as you lift your legs the pressures is relieved. So if you are riding in Daytona bike week traffic and you have short legs….. you are going to hate the Corbin.  It also allows you to adjust position fairly easy while making 50-100 mile legs of a trip.

Like KS-bug stated, you have to break a Corbin in a few miles before the feel right.

Get a very good quality pair of bicycle shorts (6-8 panel) to try on the longer trips as well. I bit of anti monkey but powder helps as well.

I have ridden on a Tobin. I like the look, and the seat did well on the short ride. It was not as comfortable to me as my Corbin.  I’d like to have one to ride the bike to the race track, however. It would be more comfortable than the carbon fiber seat pan I race on for the 20 miles to the track.    

The Tobin being cut down , reduces the seat to peg measurement. Meaning you will have to bend your legs more.

The Corbin raises the height slightly from stock.

All of this will depend on your inseam and weight.  My opinions are based on being 6’0 35†inseam and 230lbs.  

I like the way the gel seat feels but park it in the sun and you’ll find the true meaning of heated seats…    
firedevil.gif
100% agreement!

The Corbin seat is made for the open road. At that it excels! If you want to do track days or Cruise it might not be the best choice. The ridges formed by the "scoop" do not lend themselves well to hanging off or standing at lights! But if long distance comfort is what your after start with the Corbin.
beerchug.gif

Get the Tobin and then replace stock pegs to retain the seat-to-peg interval.
smile.gif

Stock pegs suck anyway, heavy and butt-ugly. Also Corbin looks like it should be on a John Deere, not a Suzuki.
crazy.gif

I had a Tobin for about a week/250 miles, it was not comfortable at all. It seemed to push me into the tank too much, I wear a 36" pant and ordered a 38" seat and it still did not work for me. An expensive lesson BTW. I just got a Corbin last week and put 400 miles over the holiday weekend, so far I really like it. My wife liked the rear seat as well, the back rest just arrived yesterday so if the rain stops we hope to try that this weekend.

I also have a Corbin seat, @ 14k mi. Like previously mentioned hard at first, but then molds to your back side. As far as hanging off the seat is concerned, I find the side ridge a useful marker as to getting my butt off the side when at the track.

I have the Suzuki gel seat and it is nicer than the stocker to me, but if its hot outside it definitely gets hot (like it holds heat)after about 45min to an hour of riding.I may try and put a heat shield under it if I can.Other than that I love it........... I'm 5'10" 170lbs- Joel
beerchug.gif

I like my Corbin a lot better than the stock seat. I didn't keep track of how many miles, but 500-1,000 to break it in wouldn't miss it too far.

I'm 6'2" and thought the Tobin would provide less legroom.

Back