Transform Busa to Sport Touring Rocket

tjd

Registered
I bought my 2000 Busa new in 2000. Have 27,000 miles on it. More of my riding is week-long 2000-3000 mile trips these days. I'd like to transform my Busa into a all-day sport tourer. I already have GenMar and HeliBars. But I would like to move the bars up even more. I dont mind lengthening the cables. Any suggestions? Also, any suggestions on a touring seat would be appreciated. Anybody have a Russel Day-Long on there Busa? Any additional suggestions are welcome.

Tom

I bought my 2000 Busa new in 2000. Have 27,000 miles on it. More of my riding is week-long 2000-3000 mile trips these days. I'd like to transform my Busa into a all-day sport tourer. I already have GenMar and HeliBars. But I would like to move the bars up even more. I dont mind lengthening the cables. Any suggestions? Also, any suggestions on a touring seat would be appreciated. Anybody have a Russel Day-Long on there Busa? Any additional suggestions are welcome.

Tom
hi
I also have a 2000 busa
and decided to change the tail section of the gsxr 1000 k8 and looks good, corbin seat is comfortable
and the new image that shows the busa is extraordinary

greetings from Spain :beerchug: :beerchug:

I run a Corbin seat and it's pretty comfy, just getting broken in. I also have 1 inch risers, MRA Vario Touring Screen and an SWMotech tail bag setup with Givi case. The only issue I have now is cramped legs.. need to lower the pegs and it will be perfect.

Adjustable rear sets are awesome, ( Vortex, Sato, Gilles ) for the long ride you can lower them as much as you want still with good clearance. Touring windscreen also is nice ( ZGOutlet.com - Fine American Windscreens ) Soft luggage is what I use for the road trip or just a small tank bag for the day. Thottlemiester cruise control. And Heated grips from Pashnit. Seat is a matter of personal choice, I tried 2 different Corbins and didnt work for me also didnt care for the Suzuki Gel, may fave seat was an old one I had recovered at a local shop, he put better padding and and a gel pad is available.

- Kento

epic-May07 040b.jpg

helibars, gel seat, hid for night riding(a must have), 3, 12v oulets, stemmount to hold GPS, EZpass,and ventura luggage (might add side bags) is what i have so far. i'd like to add rear sets baaaaad..my legs kill me. and some sort of cruise control. i have the crumpbuster but that gets tricky on the throttle once in a while so i have it on the other handle.good luck, keep us posted.

I did the Buell peg mod, Helibars and a 1 inch lift of the bars for comfort.
Also added a Zero Gravity ST windscreen, Pro Grip grips, Corbin seat, Givi side bags, and rear bag with Motech quick connect mounts, tank bag, HID lights, Stebel air horn and 2 Flamm horns, Throttle Meister cruise control.
I also added GSXR 1K Mirrors with signal lights, runnung lights in the rear signal lights, clear LED Tail light with integrated signal lights, so as to be seen better.
A guy could do a lot for comfort and safety.

I can't wait until this July when I have the whole month off and get to do some riding back east. The main place that I want to hit is New York city.

I can't wait until this July when I have the whole month off and get to do some riding back east. The main place that I want to hit is New York city.

On your Bike :oops: , if the Cabbies don't get Ya, the POT HOLES WILL :laugh:

Ah, CAMMAN!!! :laugh:

Its not that bad!! Riding in the city is one of my very favorite things to do, and IMO, absolutely NOTHIN' beats the sound of that 'Bus thru the Midtown Tunnel. Best natural reverb in the world!!
:banana:

(Well, its not like I have much choice either... if I dont ride in the city, I cant get anywhere out of the city).
:duh:

PS- If you're not familiar with cabs in NYC, its like there is an unwritten law that exists with them... driving (bike or car) among cabs here is like a test of wills: IF you beat them to that "gap in the traffic", they WILL let you in, and everyone just proceeds with their day, but ya GOTTA be aggressive.

If they beat YOU to that gap, ya GOTTA let them in, cause they take NO prisoners... they WILL force that yellow POS WHEREVER it will fit.
I will say, though, that I never have an issue with cabs, ever. Its out-of-towners, Jersey drivers, and people who dont "knows the rules" that seem to make it dangerous to drive here.

I KNOW this is gonna be a mistake to say this, but I've been driving in NYC for over 30 years and I've never had an accident in the city. I've had people PUNCH my car... I've spun road debris off the rear tire of my bike onto some azzhat tailgating mo-fo's hood... I've stopped in the middle of the 59th St Bridge and had a swing out with a double-mega shidhead in a Benz while my wife screamed like goggle-eyed demon from the passenger seat...:laugh:

But never a bender.

:please:

(Sorry for the hijack)

Last edited:
ZG Touring screen, throttlemeister, Heli Bars, SW Moto Tech rack and Givi hard bags, centerstand, center mount GPS, 12 volt socket outlet, Stop-N-Go tire plugger kit, digital voltmeter. Motor and pollution control all stock intact and headlight covers to ward off rocks. 17,000 touring miles this year.

Corbin leather seat too.

Last edited:
Here's my bike outfitted for touring. The two best accessories for touring are the Corbin seat and the GIVI hardbags and SW mottech racks.

005.jpg

144.jpg

141.jpg

118.jpg

074.jpg

i'm torn between another zg db and a zg st screen. is the wind deflection really THAT much better?

i'm torn between another zg db and a zg st screen. is the wind deflection really THAT much better?

Nope, not that much diff in my opinion so I got rid of the touring screen and just use the db all the time.

Back