Most Comfortable Saddle

I have modded all of my bikes seats. I use a polymer insert(not gel) and cut the foam to fit.This also allows you to lower the seat quite a bit, if vertically challenged.:laugh:
They have all worked out great, after having to re-do them a few times:banghead:,but this is the best way to truely customize it to fit your body type/position.
I hate to say the gen 2 took over 1/2 a dozen trys!??? gen 1, probably 3. Its time consuming but well worth the effort and satisfaction.
500 mile days are to numerous to count and the money saved is nice.
So long as you are willing to work for free!
Its not that hard to do if you take your time.Learn as you go. A second spare seat will cut out the worry factor.
I actually did 2 seats for the gen 1.The first one done was a tiny bit more comfortable that the second one(pictured).I made that one for LSR(lower) and covered it with leather.

:beerchug:

DSC02095.jpg

DSC02096.jpg

DSC02094.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

DSC00802.jpg

May I ask where sis you get the polymer? I now have the Tobin but have thought about chaining it for a bit more comfort.

mr8, that seat looks like it has a nice shape/cut to it.

If you wat to check out the polymer-
dont laugh now:laugh: search" Brooklyn butt buffer. .com,If memory serves me correct.
Talk to Rosie shes cool,great accent.
Tell her you just need the pad,no cover. The small size fits sport bikes perfectly.:thumbsup:

Or if you want to try the pad first ,you could get it with the cover to try on top of your seat.:beerchug:

Been curious about the saddlemen seats too. Any takers?

I cut a groove like that(about 1" square)down the center of my Corbin. It was ok, but no real improvement in comfort, at least for me.
I've made several modifications to that seat as well as others over the years too.
I like 02Spool's post, and agree with him. You just have to keep trying until you get it right for YOU.

Nice job on the seats Spool:thumbsup:

Just realized I MADE AN ERROR IN MY EARLIER POST: covered 1800+ miles in 40 hours :banghead:

:snap: Yeah, those little extra 22 hrs will make a bit of difference. :laugh: Cause I was thinking "dam" if you could stretch it and could squeak by with 12 stops for gas that gonna need roughly a 105mph average from point A>B if you could manage 5 minute stops(everything included):laugh: and it wouldn't take a professor to figure out that would be a whole lot of straight haulin azz.

Most comfortable is going to be a Russell or Rick Mayer custom saddle. I myself use a Corbin with a bead cover for iron butt types rides. I've done 1550 miles in 23 hours with this setup (bun burner gold), plus a few saddlesore 1000's last year (1323 and 1016 miles in 24) - all on the Busa.

Equally important to the seat is what you wear. I wear LDComfort tights or shorts when I ride under my riding pants. I, ann just about every other long distance rider I know, wear these.

LDComfort - Getting to the Bottom of Rider Comfort - Motorcycle Underwear

They are worth every penny of the price. No seams in the seat at all, and the keep sweat away from your skin and prevent chaffing.

When my mom rode from CO to CA she bought some kind of air cushion you strap to your seat. Alot cheaper than a new seat and she said it worked wonders. She does ride a cruiser tho so I'd imagine a lil butt slide in the twisties.

I'm going to disagree with everyone who recommended the Corbin.

I find it is less comfortable than the OEM seat, putting more strain on my back.

The seat looks comfortable, as it cradles the buttocks, however it's less comfortable when your legs are down because of the way it's designed, the side of the saddle will now press into the rear of your thigh. Additionally this same design also prevents you from sliding your butt to the side of the saddle as you lean into the corners as it's more like an abrupt cliff instead of a rounded hill (as in the OEM design).

If anyone doesn't believe me, my Corbin is for sale. I'll make you a good deal on it.

I'm going to disagree with everyone who recommended the Corbin.

I find it is less comfortable than the OEM seat, putting more strain on my back.

The seat looks comfortable, as it cradles the buttocks, however it's less comfortable when your legs are down because of the way it's designed, the side of the saddle will now press into the rear of your thigh. Additionally this same design also prevents you from sliding your butt to the side of the saddle as you lean into the corners as it's more like an abrupt cliff instead of a rounded hill (as in the OEM design).

If anyone doesn't believe me, my Corbin is for sale. I'll make you a good deal on it.

Did you try the Corbin Seat Comfort Mod? It gets rid of the high sides and makes it more comfortable.

I like the way the New Image seats look but I don't understand how they can cut the seat down and at the same time make it more comfortable???

I wonder if they change the padding material?

Back