Most comfortable hot weather racing glove?

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
I have a dilemma. I am a gear freak.

Hi, my name is Shibumi and I am a gear freak.
laugh.gif

I wear a Shoei on top, Alpinestars SMX-R's on bottom and leather between.

My dilemma is, I have been wearing Joe Rocket Phoenix 3.0 gloves since I started riding last June and they are the only comfortable gloves I have been able to find. They are a mesh/leather glove and the fit is snug but not tight and they flow tons of air so they are cool. However, they do not have protective gauntlets and I'm not confident in their protective qualities.

I bought a $250 pair of Held Kryptons thinking they would be the ultimate glove but do not like the way they fit me so don't wear them. (Size 8 1/2 M+ black, $150 TYD gets them!) May just be too small, have to grip hard to get them to bend enough and cramps my hands.

I do NOT mind spending the money if they are as comfortable as my JR's in fit and airflow and last 2-3 seasons. What do MotoGP riders wear on hot days? Can you buy them?

Anyone have gloves that fit the bill?
rock.gif

spidi gloves are the one for you then...if the price is not the concern.
they are the most detailed ones available(this one is for summer...)
super.gif

i36310.jpg

I just ordered some Teknic with vented fingers ( $79.00) ! Catalog sounds good, double stiched, double wrapped thumb, hook and loop wrist with vents in fingers. I should get them tomorrow or Wens. , I'll let you know what I think then  
beerchug.gif

(Shibumi @ Mar. 12 2007,19:57) Me likey...

9d70cbd0275e3a75df62b92dc55f5938_rough.jpg
Oh, you like the plain blk...(I like to have some high light colors in my gloves, when I give my hand signal to other riders, they can see my sign well and also, I like to cagers see me better at nite...I sometime can't see other guys signs...wearing solid blue or blk)
that goes to the cagers too...if I can't see my fellow rider...what about the cagers then...
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

Looks like your search is over! Too bad about the fit of the Held's I truly love mine. Those Spidi's are hot though!
cool.gif

(DaCol. @ Mar. 12 2007,14:49) I just ordered some Teknic with vented fingers ( $79.00) ! Catalog sounds good, double stiched, double wrapped thumb, hook and loop wrist with vents in fingers. I should get them tomorrow or Wens. , I'll let you know what I think then  
beerchug.gif
Gott'em today, and they're Fantastic  
tounge.gif
. They're everything I wanted. Fit, Feel and Hook and Loop closures along with Quality (with a Capital Q ) Leather  
jump9.gif

(DaCol. @ Mar. 13 2007,15:06)
(DaCol. @ Mar. 12 2007,14:49) I just ordered some Teknic with vented fingers ( $79.00) ! Catalog sounds good, double stiched, double wrapped thumb, hook and loop wrist with vents in fingers. I should get them tomorrow or Wens. , I'll let you know what I think then
beerchug.gif
Gott'em today, and they're Fantastic
tounge.gif
. They're everything I wanted. Fit, Feel and Hook and Loop closures along with Quality (with a Capital Q ) Leather
jump9.gif
What model are those?

Back