Official "Best Hot Weather Gear" thread!

Nice testimony on the JR gear! Good to hear another story of mesh holding up when it hits the road!

C'mon, anyone else have suggestions to keep the newbies from riding naked when it gets hot??
rock.gif

i have the icon motorhead jacket with removable liner, perforated inner of arms, and lots of zipper vents. i wear it in summer with a t-shirt underneath and i'm fine.

i also wear the icon field armor boots and they vent good with the mesh areas on top of feet.

Update- LOVE the Alpinestars Stage perforated leather jacket! Flows lots of air, and the liner packs small to fit in my tank bag in case it drops below 70 while on a ride!

Yes, the jackets is too cool below 70- how cool is THAT?!?
biggrin.gif

Vanson Mark2 Leather.  Bulletproof and the vents on this thing are
amazing.  90+ degree last week and I was obviously warm, but not sweating.
Amazing crash protection. Buying the pants tomarrow.
Sidi boots on order...next day shipping.
Ready for Americade.

Busafront3.jpg

Last year I went the season with JR blaster full leather gear. The jacket was much cooler than the AGV textile I have.
This year I bought a JR reactor mesh/perforated leather jacket and it sure flows some air! I only wish it had the full 360* zipper instead of the 8". I guess it's off to the tailor!  
super.gif

ALL THE GEAR, ALL THE TIME.

Some of those Mesh jackets won't hold up any better than soft denim.[/Quote]

Agreed. My buddy went down at 35mph in his textile and it was torn straight through like he was in a tshirt.

Back