Transform Busa to Sport Touring Rocket

You guys mentioned rearsets. what ones will allow you to lower the pegs? I thought most of them raise the pegs and push them back? I did just order the TL set up. Hopefully I will like them.

It would be nice if Zuk made a factory "touring special" model using the great ideas here, that way I would have 2 Busas. :laugh::laugh::thumbsup::beerchug: Nobody makes anything that has the same appeal to me. i.e. Busa ruint me :laugh:

Last edited:
The factory Suzuki gel seat heats up in the sun. I grew tired with what felt like the hand of Satan on my ass on a hot day of riding.

I bought one of these sheepskin buttpads, and like it a lot. Has quick release tabs on it so you can take it on and off easily, and you can trim it so it fits perfectly.

I bought my 2000 Busa new in 2000. Have 27,000 miles on it. More of my riding is week-long 2000-3000 mile trips these days. I'd like to transform my Busa into a all-day sport tourer. I already have GenMar and HeliBars. But I would like to move the bars up even more. I dont mind lengthening the cables. Any suggestions? Also, any suggestions on a touring seat would be appreciated. Anybody have a Russel Day-Long on there Busa? Any additional suggestions are welcome.

Tom

Aging thread, but always a topic of discussion. Have done a couple mods to try and make it comfy through the years. Busa is perfect combo of horsepower, handling and comfort.

Suzuki Hayabusa Mods Modifications- World's Fastest Motorcycle | Pashnit

Tried the Suzuki Gel. Didn't like it. Hand of Satan on your ass is about right. :laugh:

700-busa-gel-seat1.JPG

Many of us have bought Tobin/New Image seats through the years. It's actually a very good travel seat.

Driveway7a.jpg

Driveway9.jpg

Img_2690_tobin_825.jpg

Problem with Tobin/New Image is you can't hang off and drag knees. :laugh: For that, went back to stock oddly enough, with Second Look seat skin, it blends nicely.

Img_0204_second_look_540.jpg

Had Corbin on last two motorcycles before this one but just don't like the look.

hayabusa_beetle_bags.jpg

hayabusa_beetle_bags_5.jpg

700-busa-gel-seat1.JPG

Driveway7a.jpg

Driveway9.jpg

Img_2690_tobin_825.jpg

Img_0204_second_look_540.jpg

hayabusa_beetle_bags.jpg

hayabusa_beetle_bags_5.jpg

just did 2400mls with this rig. Worked well to 155mph, but vaporized the rain covers on the soft luggage.

B.

SBK 012.jpg

Those turned out GREAT, Wardie! :thumbsup:

Here's mine:

hey mike, (i'm a newb here) i see that you have that sw-motech adapter with the solo cowl on there. did you have to to any trimming to get the cowl to fit over the bracket? i was on the fence about getting a similar setup, but decided to go with soft bags until i found out more about the sw-motech gear. Mine's a 06, but i don't think that'd make any difference...

sweet touring maching tho!!!

Oh my i am not alone in this catagory.... very cool .. i made inch and a 1/4 bar risers, stock seat is is just fine with me.. had my Givi bags on now for over 6 years..dont weigh much.. been 180 Gps........without the top trunk... started lifting the front wheel at around 150.
great way to truck.... a Busa is a blank canvas...do what ever you want...it's all good.

CM_75936.jpg

bags.jpg

Back