Best Windshield for cold weather riding?

Best Windshield for cold weather riding? - Looking to ride as long as I can.....

• Puig

Votes: 40 62.5%
  • ZG

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 17 26.6%

• Total voters

rlachermeier

Registered
1) I know alot has been posted in regards to after market windshields but I'm looking to ride late into the year and live in WI so what blocks the wind the best?

2) What's the price range to expect?

MRA Vario Touring Screen @ about $140.00 TYD. Twisted-throttle.com is the sole importer. Would offer the best wind deflection in my opinion.

the zg touring block lots of wind but buffers alot. the puig looks better. buy a leather jacket. and the puig db. just my 2.5cents

(ranman @ Sep. 22 2006,15:53) the zg touring block lots of wind but buffers alot. the puig looks better. buy a leather jacket. and the puig db. just my 2.5cents
winterwearbusa.gif

Only change to above was to replace leather jacket with this one.

IMG_0105.jpg

Keep in mind I ride down into the "teens". Never done single digit yet. It usually snows before then. Then it's all over.

I think the coldest I have rode was around 68 degrees. Had to haul a** home, was kinda cold in a long sleeve t-shirt for a south florida boy............

When it gets that cold a windshield aint gonna help you. My personal best last year was 26 degrees thanks to grip heaters and decent gear. BTW I have the ZG touring shield and it is as decent a place as any to hide.

my sport tech double blocks good amount the only wind i get is outside edge of shoulders and i will get some draft up my helmet...but today...i stuffed one of my kids nice soft scarf around my jaw and front of helmet...wow what a diffrence...not cold one bit

I would go with what GPW says, he changes windscreens more often than most of us change underwear!
biggrin.gif

I also am trying to extend my riding season, just purchased one of these
and it makes a huge difference as most of the cold problems are the neck and head area. It's fairly easy to insulate the rest of your body. The company is in the U.K. which I'm sure any Brits on the board will testify means they have LOTS of experience riding in the cold!
crazy.gif

ProLine Sports link

Another option is
which comes in a summer and insulated winter model.

LMFAO at all the guys who know the cold weather gear routine. Gotta love FL for this stretch of the year. Avg temp: high 75, low 58 from Oct.-April. Very little rain and lots of sunshine.

This is what I tried. Keeep in mind im 5' 10" with 29 inseam. I ride sitting upright

Stock - cant see dashboard completely, no wind protection

Puig Sport Touring - cant see dashboard completely, no wind protection, looks beautiful

Zero Gravity Sport Touring - can see whole dashboard, most wind protection, 1st choice, bike looks more on touring side, speed limit around here is 55 max so buffering not a problem at that speed

Puig Doubble Bubble - my 2nd choice, good wind protection (less around shoulder), can see whole dashboard, looks sportier than ZG ST, buffering never a problem any speed, I put in on in the summer when really hot.

Laminar Lip is also an option for the cold weather protection (4) screws and its off. I am also a dealer for that option or the Vario Touring Screen hit me up if you need either. I can also do the MRA Double Bubble or Touring. MRA makes most of the OEM screens for factory application. High quality stuff that does not scratch easy like many of the aftermarket screens do. Let me know.
hayabusa.jpg

here is my old one..dang..can't remember who makes it! Plenty of protection.

runeight...

118_1826.JPG

(GPW @ Sep. 22 2006,15:52) MRA Vario Touring Screen @ about $140.00 TYD. Twisted-throttle.com is the sole importer. Would offer the best wind deflection in my opinion.
+1 GPW, MRA works really good. I've had one for two yrs. Used it going to Alaska. I ride in Maine and did 500 mi. in Jan. this yr. I have a DB and ZG touring. The touring isn't bad but I like the MRA better. Very well made and I like the adj. lip. My friend liked it so much he got one also.

(runeight @ Nov. 22 2006,18:25) here is my old one..dang..can't remember who makes it! Plenty of protection.

runeight...
Thats a Zero Gravity Sport Touring. I have the same one. Lovin' it!

Back