Best Windshield for cold weather riding?

Best Windshield for cold weather riding? - Looking to ride as long as I can.....

• Puig

Votes: 40 62.5%
  • ZG

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 17 26.6%

• Total voters
Heres are a couple of photos of my MRA.
RhythmzTourbike1.jpg

RhythmTourBike.jpg

DSC02701.jpg

I got the MRA as well

..........but I want to know more about the radar mount???

I have a type 'R' for the summer but this windshield is for cold riding and it works great, it does not look that sporty but it does its job.

ZG sport tourer
pumkinride007.jpg

pumkinride008.jpg

pumkinride010.jpg

1) I know alot has been posted in regards to after market windshields but I'm looking to ride late into the year and live in WI so what blocks the wind the best?

Wow! Old thread. When I think of riding in cold weather, I just think this. :lol:

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

I think the coldest I have rode was around 68 degrees. Had to haul a** home, was kinda cold in a long sleeve t-shirt for a south florida boy............

I just rode today to try out new exhaust, it was 32. I had to haul a** home after only 10 mins! Can you say burr! :lol:

Last edited:
A '64 Lincoln's windshield.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

cheers
ken

I ride year round even though it hit's the 30s and I think it dipped into
the 20s last year. I got a puig but it doesn't matter...you still freeze your :moon: off.

More important is how you dress, I've got a good set of thermal riding pants,
heavy gloves, and a neopreme face mask (the skull version :laugh:).

I remember pulling out of my garage going to work early last year (dressed
nomally as we hadn't got hit with any weather yet) and as I looked around
as I was pulling out I thought..."is that frost on the roofs...NAH, no way"...
Oh hell yes it was...that ride hurt. You know it's cold when it acually causes
pain.:banghead:

I really like the MRA stuff. I found they now sell the Vario part seperate to adapt to factory windscreen. Although they don't list which would fit a gen II, any ideas?

Laminar Lip is also an option for the cold weather protection (4) screws and its off. I am also a dealer for that option or the Vario Touring Screen hit me up if you need either. I can also do the MRA Double Bubble or Touring. MRA makes most of the OEM screens for factory application. High quality stuff that does not scratch easy like many of the aftermarket screens do. Let me know.
hayabusa.jpg

The only problem that I have with the Laminar Lip and Vario screens is that it keeps the bike upright and it actually resists you when want to lie the bike down to turn. The last thing I need is a bike that does not want to turn. Also makes a huge amount of noise.:whistle:

I still prefer my ZG Touring screen which although not perfect is the best compromise for my 6' 3" inch lenght.???

Regards

The only problem that I have with the Laminar Lip and Vario screens is that it keeps the bike upright and it actually resists you when want to lie the bike down to turn. The last thing I need is a bike that does not want to turn. Also makes a huge amount of noise.:whistle:

I still prefer my ZG Touring screen which although not perfect is the best compromise for my 6' 3" inch lenght.???

Regards
Lol on the thread revival. Didn't catch that until someone pointed it out.

I have the Suzuki touring screen (made by Puig) which gets the wind off my chest, and blasts it directly onto my helmet. But I am only 5'7" + Helibars. Biggest benefit is that I can see the gauges well.

The Laminar Lip looked like a great product, but the post above concerns me. Most reviewers have praised the LL as something that actually reduces wind noise. Plus I think it looks ten times better than the Vario. Comments?

Hi Ajay
I also read reviews and based on that I bought the Laminar screen plus all the others.

Used it once and took it off.

Give me your adress and I will send it to you free of charge.

I tried the Suzuki Screen as well and really its not that bad at all.

For the record I have:
1. Susuki Screen
2. Puig Double Bubble
3. Laminar Lip
4. Original
4 ZG Cruising Screen.

I have settled on the ZG Touring Screen which I find the best of the lot.
Combined with my new Schubert C3 Helmet I am now enjoying my ride.

All a matter of opinion and taste at the end of the day.:whistle:

Regards
Pine

Back