Best replacement seat (comfort)

King E

Registered
What’s the best replacement seat available? My emphasis is on comfort for all day rides. I’m researching the Brock’s Corbin seat, saddlemen, and sargent seats. Anyone got any experience with these or any suggestions?

I'm 5'10" 165lbs 32"-33" inseam
Can flatfoot the Busa with slightly bent knees.
Corbin is comfortable, can literally take over a thousand miles or more to break-in and fit Your shape. It's also wider, and you have to move off of it more to drag a knee.
New Imagine/Tobin is comfortable, but sits lower, bending your knees more, and sticks you in one place, you cannot move around on it. It's a better drag racing seat.
Suzuki gel seat, it's hard with squared edges that can put pressure on your upper inner thighs, you have to slide off the edge more for knee dragging, gets really hot in the sun. I felt nothing gel about it.
Stock, of the dozen plus gen2's I've ridden, all the seats had hard foam, except one, and from brand new, it was much more soft and comfortable.
Saddleman, with the center groove cut out to relive pressure in the wrong spot, I found it to be the most comfortable.
So much so that I have cut the foam in several stock seats this way, and plan the same for the gen3.
I tried another gen2 seat as well, but cannot remember the name, but basically the same gripes as above.
Now, watch people disagree with me...which proves the point that seats are 100% a personal preference, and you'll just have to try them and see what works best for You.
Maybe you're close to an org member that has a seat you're interested in.
Ask if they'll go for a ride and switch seats with you for a while, to give you an idea. That's how I tried the New Image seat...I had to buy the rest.
This is my 2 cents, for whatever that's worth, with inflation...I probably owe money for it now.

I'm 5'10" 165lbs 32"-33" inseam
Can flatfoot the Busa with slightly bent knees.
Corbin is comfortable, can literally take over a thousand miles or more to break-in and fit Your shape. It's also wider, and you have to move off of it more to drag a knee.
New Imagine/Tobin is comfortable, but sits lower, bending your knees more, and sticks you in one place, you cannot move around on it. It's a better drag racing seat.
Suzuki gel seat, it's hard with squared edges that can put pressure on your upper inner thighs, you have to slide off the edge more for knee dragging, gets really hot in the sun. I felt nothing gel about it.
Stock, of the dozen plus gen2's I've ridden, all the seats had hard foam, except one, and from brand new, it was much more soft and comfortable.
Saddleman, with the center groove cut out to relive pressure in the wrong spot, I found it to be the most comfortable.
So much so that I have cut the foam in several stock seats this way, and plan the same for the gen3.
I tried another gen2 seat as well, but cannot remember the name, but basically the same gripes as above.
Now, watch people disagree with me...which proves the point that seats are 100% a personal preference, and you'll just have to try them and see what works best for You.
Maybe you're close to an org member that has a seat you're interested in.
Ask if they'll go for a ride and switch seats with you for a while, to give you an idea. That's how I tried the New Image seat...I had to buy the rest.
This is my 2 cents, for whatever that's worth, with inflation...I probably owe money for it now.
Thanks for the post. I’m gonna look into imagine/Tobin. I didn’t know about that one. I’m leaning towards the saddlemen.

Everyone should realize that a seat, most any seat, can be made to order. You don’t have to take whatever is shown in a catalog. Corbin for example offers harder foam (more dense) as well as softer foam. Most also offer various cover materials, vinyl or leather or combinations of both. You decide. Some offer gel material. Years ago I got a Corbin for my 82 CBX and rode it around 5,000 miles on tour and it never ‘broke in’. Rode back to their shop in Hollister and complained so they removed the cover and redid the foam with a softer material. No charge BTW. It was finally perfect. Later I had them do a seat for my 79 CBX with the softer foam and it too was perfect (for my arse). After riding the plank Kawasaki calls a seat on my 18 Z900RS, I rode into their shop again and by the afternoon I had another softer foam seat made and after nearly 18,000 miles I still love it. For some reason I can’t explain, the stock seat on my Busa has always been just fine. After 60,000+ miles I felt it was breaking down somewhat so I replaced it with another OEM seat. Nope, I can’t explain it but it’s the only OEM seat that I’ve ever liked. I gave the original seat to someone on this forum. Pay for what you want and get what you pay for.

this lazy boy is good for all day riding and will put you, not just butt cheeks, to sleep as @fallenarch said. Lol! Ugly?……….. yes, but well worth the wait to get one built and high price tag. Russell day long saddle.

0CC00211-1A52-4D6C-BFC1-50DC7D0AFECE.jpeg

B2E02FDB-FBE6-4ED6-BE5E-C8DD7C367F7F.jpeg

Everyone should realize that a seat, most any seat, can be made to order. You don’t have to take whatever is shown in a catalog. Corbin for example offers harder foam (more dense) as well as softer foam. Most also offer various cover materials, vinyl or leather or combinations of both. You decide. Some offer gel material. Years ago I got a Corbin for my 82 CBX and rode it around 5,000 miles on tour and it never ‘broke in’. Rode back to their shop in Hollister and complained so they removed the cover and redid the foam with a softer material. No charge BTW. It was finally perfect. Later I had them do a seat for my 79 CBX with the softer foam and it too was perfect (for my arse). After riding the plank Kawasaki calls a seat on my 18 Z900RS, I rode into their shop again and by the afternoon I had another softer foam seat made and after nearly 18,000 miles I still love it. For some reason I can’t explain, the stock seat on my Busa has always been just fine. After 60,000+ miles I felt it was breaking down somewhat so I replaced it with another OEM seat. Nope, I can’t explain it but it’s the only OEM seat that I’ve ever liked. I gave the original seat to someone on this forum. Pay for what you want and get what you pay for.
What’s the best route for a custom seat? I’m in Birmingham, Al. How do they make adjustments without you being present?

What’s the best route for a custom seat? I’m in Birmingham, Al. How do they make adjustments without you being present?

Photos and measurements should be sent to to the seat maker showing them how you sit, how wide your azz is while sitting, how far back, forward you sit on the stock seat etc. They’d also want to know your height and weight and what you want the seat for, touring eight hours a day, day after day or day rides. I’d also move the hell out of Alabama! :laugh:

Photos and measurements should be sent to to the seat maker showing them how you sit, how wide your azz is while sitting, how far back, forward you sit on the stock seat etc. They’d also want to know your height and weight and what you want the seat for, touring eight hours a day, day after day or day rides. I’d also move the hell out of Alabama! :laugh:
I like Alabama for several reasons. One being you can ride all year round. Roll Tide!!, btw

What’s the best replacement seat available? My emphasis is on comfort for all day rides. I’m researching the Brock’s Corbin seat, saddlemen, and sargent seats. Anyone got any experience with these or any suggestions?
I have a saddlemen track gel channel and it has been the best mod I've done and I recommend it to everyone that asks about seats. It is a little on the firm side but the channel in the middle makes life so much better. Like @ottafish said the fit isn't perfectly matched but not horrible either, the only cons I found with it are the fitment not being perfect and it is a little taller then the oem which takes u a little bit out of the pocket for spirited riding but the comfort more then makes up for it

No charge BTW. It was finally perfect. Later I had them do a seat for my 79 CBX with the softer foam and it too was perfect (for my arse). After riding the plank Kawasaki calls a seat on my 18 Z900RS, I rode into their shop again and by the afternoon I had another softer foam seat made and after nearly 18,000 miles I still love it.

Back