Which seat is better for a long ride?

that sucks...I just got a corbin and it's freaking uncomfortable.On the other hand, the rear corbin is very comfortable as stated by the wife. I am thinking about selling the corbin for tobin and I dont care if its gay to have two different brand seats. my azz hurts too bad.
If you are talking about it being hard, give the Corbin a bit of time. It feel like a whole different seat once you have about 500 miles on it.

I don't know why you guys need a different seat......ride a 954rr or a Buell Firebolt for a while....the stock seat feels like a barcolounger to me!!
tounge.gif

I liked the corbin i had on my vmax, they make great seats. i love my busa seat though, i put a LOT of miles on my bike.. 500 mile days often, no complaints.

In my own opinion...the corbin is uncomfortable because of the contour of the seat (I fall back when accel).

Like vic said, it's for someone with a wide load. I have a tiny azz and 5'10 so I'm constantly slipin backwards...

gonna switch it back to the stock seat immediately...

I was in search for more comfort to realize I had it all along.
ss011.gif

I have a gel seat I might let go of it SUCKS for me.. paid 135.00... make an offer or trade for something..PM me

I am 6'5, my gel seat cost 185.00, and this spring it is going to be my thousand yard target, I have a new rifle that needs a break in.

Corbin in the only saddle my azz sits in. I'm 6'2 and weigh a little more than a honda civic
laugh.gif
The best thing about a Corbin is that the feel of the seat does not change. It feels the same after hour #10 as it does after 10 minutes. I do NOT reccomend them for canyon carving. The sides are a little tough to go back and forth over. They are designed to keep you cradled into the optimal riding position. They are alos open to modifying them to your needs most of the time for the cost of shipping it to them.
Have a well saddled 1,
Moose

"If you are talking about it being hard, give the Corbin a bit of time. It feel like a whole different seat once you have about 500 miles on it."
Not always true Professor. I rode nearly 5000 miles on mine and it was still just too feakin hard. I have the good fortune of living within an hour's ride from their west coast factory and I rode back on a Saturday morning early and had it replaced with a softer compound, no charge. They should tell you up front that they offer different compounds. I may consider a custom Corbin for my new Busa if I end up hating its seat. Only put 460 miles on it since I got it...this morning.
laugh.gif
and so far its ok.

At 200 lbs I'm not sure my #ss will fit on a standard Tobin with the backrest. Sure doesn't look like much room. Anyone know if Tobin makes their seats without that back rest section?

I bought a Corbin from Scooter on the board and love it. It's kind of dish shaped and I could see how a shorter rider wouldn't like it around town, but it doesn't cause me any problems. Been on many long rides and no azz pain like the stocker gave me.

I have to agree with Wire Dawg, I like the corbin. It's been on my busa for 2 weeks now & feels just great. It was a little hard at 1st but after sitting on it a few nights it's broken in now. I'm 5'10 180lbs & I've taken rides for a least an hr or more with no pain at all.

I put 460 miles on my new LE Saturday from Socal to NorCal and after the first hour or so my butt was sore but after a brief rest stop the stock seat was fine the rest of the way.  Maybe I won't have to Corbinize it.  BTW, I LOVE the bike!

<!--EDIT|CBXRider
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139205016 -->

06_LE_BUSA.jpg

You guys are funny wid all the hemmoroid issues and arse pains.

Tobin can cut your seat with more or less spacing depending on your waiste measurments. Tobin seats are nice due to setting you DOWN INTO the seat/bike instead of on it. Corbin needs to be broken in some. Actually I think your arse is breaking in but thats the common complaint. Tobin actually says you guys are crazy he would never do distance on his own seat. Ive done 800 mile days on a tobin and it can get to you but it's much better than a stock seat. The Gel seats, other than heating up and retaining moisture are really geared towards long distance more than anything else. Ive had a gel, a corbin and a tobin. I have likes and dislikes about all of them.

Tobin IMO has the best look of all of them hands down and is usually one of the first things noticed on the bike.

WITH ALL THAT SAID, does anyone have a stock seat in 1/2 decent shape they can part with, torn doesnt matter. Im working on something

THANKS

Back