Need Seat Help

sccrvettel82

I've been quiet lately...Don't m
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys, I am looking for a new seat for my 06 LE. I am looking for something that is comfortable for long rides. Should I go with Corbin, Tobin, or other Gel seats? Need your opinions and experience.

Tobin,
beerchug.gif

DSC00018.JPG

Is the seat material different with the tobin, or is it just the stock seat reshaped?

(sccrvettel82 @ Apr. 07 2007,12:40) Is the seat material different with the tobin, or is it just the stock seat reshaped?
They recover it! With just about any color you want!
Do a search on the board for tobin group buy, you will see alot of different seats posted, also check their web site for pics. Get one and you'll love it!

Tobin  
super.gif
, had a Corbin and found it was really uncomfortable for me on the Busa. Of course there are several on here who LOVE their Corbin ! Gel seats, well
wink.gif
they can get mighty HOT  
firedevil.gif
in the summer if left out in the sun  
beerchug.gif

Tobin cut's and reshape's stock seat foam.
They also will do gel, but it is another 100 easy. They posted a link one time and told the people to get the gel pad themselves and send it with the seat.

I'm real happy with my Tobin - more comfortable, plants you in the seat better, and lowers your center of gravity just a hair.

I'll chime in.

I love my Corbin, but it did take about 6 months to "shape" itself to my rear. Really comfortable for long rides but some complain about the lip on the sides of the seat.

I really like the feel of the Corbin but I think the Tobin's look better.

IMHO

Chris

if you dont want to spend alot just get the suzuki gel seat,its alot better than stock and its not "ass ugly"like the tobin(sorry,just my opinion)

The Corbin has a break in period. Figure it will take you about 500 miles to break it in. Once broke in, it is truly awesome. I have done well over 500 mile days on it and never saddle sore. I have the driver and passenger and my GF at the time, said the passenger was more comfy than the seat on my HD Electraglide. The Tobin looks better but I think the Corbin feels better IMHO. If I sell the Busa, the Corbins will stay with me for the next one. Here she is ready for a long weekend trip.

RIMG0001.JPG

I've asked the same question, and the one big big point that I've been told, is what is your height. 6' plus you'll love a corbin, under 5'10, you'll hate it.

The edges cut into the legs of the shorter riders.

The other comments, you can't slide around on a corbin. So for the twisties the Torbin is a better choice (or a Sargent) and for the long rides, the corbin.

Who has tried both?
rock.gif
??

Back