Which seat is better for a long ride?

GOT BUSA?

Registered
I am in need of a more comfortable seat for an upcoming ride. I have been looking at Suzuki Gel seats and Corbin seats. Has anyone had any experience with either? What are the advantages of one over the other? Are there any other seats worth a look out there? I need a front and a rear.

Thanx All

i had a gel seat and it sucked!!! its to tall makes you feel like your on top of the bike instead of in it. the stock seat is better.. if you want to buy aftermarket i would get a tobin. i cut my gel seat down as close as i could to a tobin and it is much more comfortable now.. i am going to buy a tobin soon..

I went from my stocker to a Gel and from my Gel to a Tobin. Put 1038 miles in a about 35 hours one weekend....no complaints with the Tobin!

that sucks...I just got a corbin and it's freaking uncomfortable.On the other hand, the rear corbin is very comfortable as stated by the wife. I am thinking about selling the corbin for tobin and I dont care if its gay to have two different brand seats. my azz hurts too bad.

that sucks...I just got a corbin and it's freaking uncomfortable.On the other hand, the rear corbin is very comfortable as stated by the wife. I am thinking about selling the corbin for tobin and I dont care if its gay to have two different brand seats. my azz hurts too bad.

The custom seat Corbin made for my 82 CBX was terribly hard and uncomfortable even after 5000 miles so I took it back and they replaced the hard foam with a softer version free of charge and its just right.  Didn't know they offered two different kinds.  Its perfect now.  If its an old one all you'd have to risk and possible pay for would be a new cover.  Give em a call. Almost forgot, my ride home from the dealer Saturday will be 400 miles. Is my azz going to hurt? I had thought of beating the seat with a rubber mallet for a few minutes before I left the dealer. Suppose it would help?

http://www.corbin.com/california.shtml

<!--EDIT|CBXRider
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138952844 -->

I love hard corbin seat.... Tobin back support is for tiny behinds, definately not mine.
biggrin.gif
Hard seat is more comfortable in a long 500+ miles rides.... not in a city tho.. when you have put down your leg all the time.

Everybody different... I like the look of corbin seat and craftsmanship is way better then tobin.. thicker leather.
`d say if you size 32-36 go for tobin 38-42 corbin would be better.

I met only one person from the org so far... and he is like 7 tall..
My first words was like damn, you are big...
smile.gif
Very nice and calm guy...

I have only meet one and he was a midget, sorry vinny but you are short!

I'm only 5'8".....
Your seat is still stock, 'cause everything is still stock....

I had a corbin I didnt like the way it pulled me further away from the bars (back and down) had to reach I'm 5'7.And also putting my legs down it felt like I was sitting on a table.

I had a corbin I didnt like the way it pulled me further away from the bars (back and down) had to reach I'm 5'7.And also putting my legs down it felt like I was sitting on a table.
My last Corbin made me feel just like this. After sending it back several times, I just gave it away to a friend. Felt like I was sitting on top of the bike and not in it. Although all my corbins on my Ducati's were great ! I think it's just the way they make it for this Suzuki line. Cause my seat was just down right PAINFUL  
AAAssjani.gif
. I'am going to try a Tobin now !

Back