Seat options?

BusaBenny

Registered
Hello everyone. I did a search but didn’t find a good answer. I rode about 5 hours today (Hartford ct to Newburgh ny and back) on and off and by the end of the day, my ass was killing me. Mind you it’s a 2017 with 1300 miles (maybe the seats not broken in?). I was wondering what my options were as a seat replacement? Corbin, saddlemen, or custom made? If custom made is the answer does anyone have a reputable website? Thanks.

I have new image seats on mine and I am very happy, seat discomfort is practically eliminated for me.
@c10 has a killer seat by russ day long or something like that. Bad boy looks like a la-z-boy. I have only had one other seat on my bike and it was OE Gel. Should have called it hell, it was awful.

14A40E41-8482-4DD4-98F1-17DCEB829DC6.jpeg

2C8752AA-C491-46E0-8ACB-560F4AB6E26F.jpeg

072C20DA-DEF0-43D0-98BC-0741DF4EFA31.jpeg

I have Corbins on all my bikes. People think a long duration saddle needs to be soft. I have found the opposite, and the Corbins are a perfect blend of giving you mobility in the saddle and long term comfort.

I had three Corbins on my CBXs but only with their softer foam. Great difference for me, much more comfy. Corbin wants $350 just for our tiny seat.:confused: They want $500 for my Z900RS seat, either model!

I have a RDL saddle in leather option as leather breathes while vinyl does not . Ram Jam has had a saddle man seat in gel , Air Hawk on stock seat , and stock seat with a type of pad that promotes air flow .
None of these ( for me ) gave a millage distance needed for comfort to tour . The RDL delivered far above what one could hope for . Three iron butt awards in one week using the RDL .
1200 miles days are easy on the butt now . RDL's are not cheap , and require time to build . You just can't
pick up the phone to get one by next week .

I will post a photo later this day .

-Suzuki gel seat
-saddlemen seats
-corbin seats
-Russell day long
-terry’s custom seats
-Sargent seats
I’ve tried the saddlemen, corbin and now have a terry’s custom seat and like it. Looks similar to the Russell day long. Here is a pic.

4FD59881-C337-4477-BC47-8E049D21FEAF.jpeg

0E00AE65-E270-4ABF-8AFA-BE28A20A6306.jpeg

205214C5-0A64-49C1-9D2E-1F4B9F53243C.jpeg

I found for my short rides oem is best but anything more then a few hours im having good luck with my saddlemen gel track seat. Hopefully one day I'll be able to afford one of those fancy day long seats for my long trips.

Thanks guys for all the replies. After reading the replies I think I’m going for custom. RDL unfortunately is a little too pricey for me. So I’m going to do either terry’s or new image. Their prices are about same.

:thumbsup:
Thanks guys for all the replies. After reading the replies I think I’m going for custom. RDL unfortunately is a little too pricey for me. So I’m going to do either terry’s or new image. Their prices are about same.
Just keep in mind those are two totally different animals, I know a lot of people like the new image but since I've got probably 100 lbs on @jeffgordons24 idk that ot would work for me also if your looking fir long ride comfort I feel that seat that @mabupa has would probably be more comfortable then new image but whatever toy choose try to do a little review on and remember the pics

Waiting on my seats from new image to get back as I speak. Only rode my new busa once since took delivery of it so they cant get here fast enough

Check out the Latigo. I love mine for carving, and also for long rides. 1600 mile rt is nothing on it. And the price is right.
It is soft, but still no monkey butt on long hauls. I have a Corbin on my cruiser, which I also recommend btw... But u will drop a bunch more dead presidents on it.
Troy

Hello everyone. I did a search but didn’t find a good answer. I rode about 5 hours today (Hartford ct to Newburgh ny and back) on and off and by the end of the day, my ass was killing me. Mind you it’s a 2017 with 1300 miles (maybe the seats not broken in?). I was wondering what my options were as a seat replacement? Corbin, saddlemen, or custom made? If custom made is the answer does anyone have a reputable website? Thanks.
Hi. There are many different seats. This is the one I will use.

:thumbsup:
Just keep in mind those are two totally different animals, I know a lot of people like the new image but since I've got probably 100 lbs on @jeffgordons24 idk that ot would work for me also if your looking fir long ride comfort I feel that seat that @mabupa has would probably be more comfortable then new image but whatever toy choose try to do a little review on and remember the pics

I want the comfort but that seat is too big for my taste. I like the stock look and I think new image has it.

Plus I’m 170 with no ass. Lol. The no ass part is what gets me.

Check out the Latigo. I love mine for carving, and also for long rides. 1600 mile rt is nothing on it. And the price is right.
It is soft, but still no monkey butt on long hauls. I have a Corbin on my cruiser, which I also recommend btw... But u will drop a bunch more dead presidents on it.
Troy

Do you have a link? All the sites say sold out. Thanks

I didn't want to pay the high price of the Russel seat, so if you have patience, do as I did. Start scouring Craigslist motorcycle for sale ads and find the guy who has one on his for sale bike. Then make him an offer for his seat. I got a screaming deal on mine.

Reactions: c10
I didn't want to pay the high price of the Russel seat, so if you have patience, do as I did. Start scouring Craigslist motorcycle for sale ads and find the guy who has one on his for sale bike. Then make him an offer for his seat. I got a screaming deal on mine.
Good advice right there. That’s what I’ve been doing.

Back