Avon Azaro vs. Storm

So is the azaro dead or can you still get them for the busa? Mine are wore (Beyond worn out actually) and was thinking of the venoms or trying the pilot powers instead. However if the azaro's can still be bought i'd go with them again no question.
I searched all over the net to no avail.. Bought a used rear Azaro from a member and a new front storm from competition acc..
winkold.gif

I'll be running Avon's this year..
ThumbsUp.gif

not having Azaros any more is a terrible thing...I NEVER read a negative thread about them (rear tires)...in any of the sport touring or adventure riding forums.
The FJRs had an issue with the fronts mostly because of the geometry of the bike and it's being so light on the steering.

There aren't any to speak of on ebay either....arghh.

if somebody finds a stockpile...let us know!

The Hayabusa is a Sportbike NOT a Sport Touring Bike, therfore it deserves Sportbike tires NOT Sport Touring Tires.
Thats why Avon has a sport touring class and a sportbike class.
I found out the hard way........I wiped out!!!!!!!!

The Hayabusa is a Sportbike NOT a Sport Touring  Bike
I must RESPECTIVELY Disagree  
boxing.gif
Greatly. The Busa is a GREAT Sports Touring Bike
ThumbsUp.gif
for a ONE up person like ME  
coffee.gif
. It just has to be the TYPE of Sports Tourer you Want AND Need. And I both Want and Need
race.gif

laugh.gif

not having Azaros any more is a terrible thing...I NEVER read a negative thread about them (rear tires)...in any of the sport touring or adventure riding forums.
The FJRs had an issue with the fronts mostly because of the geometry of the bike and it's being so light on the steering.

You might call these places, their showing them available.

http://www.morepoweracing.com/zo73pY1....7-18546

http://www.motorcycle-atv-chains.com/site/898526/product/T-Av45-6

The Hayabusa is a Sportbike NOT a Sport Touring Bike
boxing.gif
ThumbsUp.gif
coffee.gif
. It just has to be the TYPE of Sports Tourer you Want AND Need. And I both Want and Need
race.gif
laugh.gif
I must agree with DaCol. The Busa is an awesome sport tourer. Why cant you just have a simple discussion on here without someone piping up and telling everyone else participating in the thread they don't have a clue.

Busa_bill started this thread as follows. "Before many of my Busa brethren take call to arms and suggest a tire befitting the underside of my mighty GSXR, let me start by saying I have logged many miles on Avon's".

You might call these places, their showing them available.

http://www.morepoweracing.com/zo73pY1....7-18546

http://www.motorcycle-atv-chains.com/site/898526/product/T-Av45-6
J&P also has em listed as in stock.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product....B22D2C6

boxing.gif
ThumbsUp.gif
coffee.gif
race.gif

laugh.gif
I must agree with DaCol. The Busa is an awesome sport tourer. Why cant you just have a simple discussion on here without someone piping up and telling everyone else participating in the thread they don't have a clue.

Busa_bill started this thread as follows. "Before many of my Busa brethren take call to arms and suggest a tire befitting the underside of my mighty GSXR, let me start by saying I have logged many miles on Avon's".
+1

Many miles on metzlers Z6's.

A poor workman blames his tools.

cheers
ken

boxing.gif
ThumbsUp.gif
coffee.gif
race.gif

laugh.gif

+1

Many miles on metzlers Z6's.

A poor workman blames his tools.

cheers
ken
I'm sorry for sounding so matter of fact,I was just trying to keep my post really short and simple.
The fact remains, as far as i am concerned, traction is so important, the slightest diffference can mean so much. In my case i strongly feel that a more "suitable" tire wud of helped me .Even if it was one thousand of a millimeter ,grip is very important.
I'm just relaying my experiences.i'm 50 yrs old, and I'm not out there racing around like a mad man.I want a tire that lasts and has good milage too!
As i speak, i have a set of Metzlers in my garage,ready to be installed.
rock on and ride safe!

I love the rear Storm. I've been shredding tires since I bought my busa in May. I've been through several BT 56 OEM's and 2 Pilot Power 2CT's. I put the Storm on the rear with a front Power Pilot 2CT and absolutely love it. It's been an average of about 45-50 degrees here in Huntsville Al since I put on the Storm and it is every bit as predictable as the PP or the BT. We have some great mountain roads up here and I'm on them every chance I get.I'm anxious to get more than 1500 out of the Storm.
Nick

I haven't noticed much difference Bill. As a matter of fact, I just ordered 4 more Storms to last me for the rest of the year.

I haven't noticed much difference Bill. As a matter of fact, I just ordered 4 more Storms to last me for the rest of the year.
Where did you buy em from? The best deal I have found recently is $259 shipped for a 120/70-17 and 200/50-17. Any of our Board Sponsors have a better deal than this? I'd like to order up today if possible.
thumb_up.gif

Where did you buy em from? The best deal I have found recently is $259 shipped for a 120/70-17 and 200/50-17. Any of our Board Sponsors have a better deal than this? I'd like to order up today if possible.  
thumb_up.gif
www.competitionAccessories.com I always get my tires thru them.

120/70ZR17....94.23

200/50ZR17....157.35

thumb_up.gif
www.competitionAccessories.com    I always get my tires thru them.

120/70ZR17....94.23

200/50ZR17....157.35
WhenI went to CompAcc I got $100.77 for the front and the same price for the rear.

MotorcycleProShop.com had em for $94 and $145 each. +20 shipping and Handling. Best deal I found so I ordered up.
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

I dont impress easy but damn!!! I ordered these tires two days ago from MotorcycleProShop.com and just got them today!! These guys had the best price I found and Lightning quick shipping! I am giddy now!
laugh.gif

avons.JPG

I dont impress easy but damn!!! I ordered these tires two days ago from MotorcycleProShop.com and just got them today!! These guys had the best price I found and Lightning quick shipping! I am giddy now!
laugh.gif
Just for fun I measured to unmounted tire width and this is almost exactly a 200mm tire. For comparison the BT56 190/50-17 is about 198mm Metzeler M3 is almost exactly 190mm and the Metzeler Z6 is about 185mm

The Hayabusa is a Sportbike NOT a Sport Touring  Bike ...I found out the hard way........I wiped out!!!!!!!!
I think Suzuki would have the last word in the designation. The Busa is a GSX designation with the R after the displacement, which is sport touring. The sport bike designation is GSXR all infront of the displacement.

Tires don't cause a crash, if they did, I would have wrecked over 30,000 miles ago when I put the first set of Avon 45/46s on my Busa.

Well I got my new Storms mounted up this last weekend but hadn't had a chance to actually go ride it anywhere until yesterday. First riding impression is that the front is a bit taller profile than the M3 I replaced. That combined with the 200 rear hasn't seemed to have slowed the transition speed down much if any but it does seem to slightly lack a definite on center feel. I may try to lower front pressure a pound (42rear 40 front as of now) and see if that helps. I have already scrubbed the rear out to within .25" from the edge in the first 50 miles so I think my rear chicken strips will disappear tonight the front will take some more effort. Ran it up to ~150 real quick and all seemed to be fine on that front so now I just need to get some clean roads to ride on and see how they really handle. If anyone is looking for Storms I highly recommend the guys in my previous post. Awesome price and lightning quick delivery. I get off work in an hour so I cna't wait to ride man.
peace.gif

Back