Need tires!

CYCLEERIC

Biker Man
Donating Member
Registered
I just turned over 2500 miles and the rear is into the treadwear indicators and I'm looking at purchasing a set of Avon Azaro-sp and was wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with these tires. Im going to order some on Tuesday and have them on before the weekend come around . Hopefully it wont rain like it has here since Friday afternoon .

Eric

banner.jpg

No one knows anyone who has run these tires ? Am I gonna be the test pilot for this board ?

Looks like it. I bought a set of bt010's put a little over 2000 miles on it. Did a bit of burning out this weekend. The middle looks thin. THe outsides are good though. I think it should be good for a couple more weeks then i will order a rear pilot sport. I think. Still trying to decide.
rock.gif

Avons are ok. Not quite as good as the Sportecs but good enough to buy another set.
Problem is my local shop doesn't stock 'em & they cost more than the Sportecs...

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "917"|1083551533 -->

Never tired, or knew anybody that ran the azaros.. so thats about all the help i can offer.

Seeing that you are from NC. I assume that you might ride the twisty stuff. For me, the best tire I have had on a Busa, and I have had three, is the Pirelli Diablo Corsa. No doubt about it. I have a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport HPX that I wont even bother to put on. They are that good. IMO.

I would be more incline to get some tires that are better know with our group.

Seeing that you are from NC.  I assume that you might ride the twisty stuff.  For me, the best tire I have had on a Busa, and I have had three, is the Pirelli Diablo Corsa.  No doubt about it.  I have a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport HPX that I wont even bother to put on.  They are that good.  IMO.
wanna sell the set of mich's?

2,500 miles, already bald? you doin burnouts? how long is the life of the stock BUSA tires?
I got about 2000 out of the factory rear bridgestones... switched to dunlop and got 3000 out of the first rear.. working on the second rear now.

seems like the front typically lasts about as long as two rears.. which is convienant I guess... will be switching to pirelli's, or michelins next time.. haha by the time I have 20,000 miles on the busa I'll know which tire i like best.. hahah.

I just put a set of Diablo Corsas on but have not been able to ride more then the .5 miles home yet. They better be dang good tires for what they cost....I got 3025 out of the stock rear, not too bad. No burnouts until the end. Then, I couldn't resist it....way too much fun!! I will NOT be doing burnouts with my corsa's.

Will do...I can't wait. We will be riding on Thursday afternoon so I should have a FULL report by the weekend. Man, are they soft and sticky...when I was scrubbing them down I could not help digging my nails into the tread. I swear, felt like I could dig them in and pick the tire up.

Back