Tire lettering highlighting.

mymaster

Dr. Frankenstein
Donating Member
Registered
Got some new meats. Re highlight the lettering or not ?, I could even use a different color if any one's interested. I wondered what red would look like. Their Avon Azaro ST's, 200 in the rear, clearance and handle just fine  
smile.gif
 Also have some black Kanji's for the fairings. I know, reflectors  
wow.gif

before

<!--EDIT|mymaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152243614 -->

race___repair_008.jpg

after

<!--EDIT|mymaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152243632 -->

bbb_030.jpg

Just my .02, but I like the second pic. Letters blacked out looks really cool.

Just my .02, but I like the second pic.  Letters blacked out looks really cool.
+1
Never really liked tire highlighting.
Plus after a short while they look faded or washed out. I've use lots of different markers and none have worked for very long. Although they look OK when first put on ! Just my .02 cents worth though !!
Done it and love it as you can see below.....BUT.....you knew there was a but coming. haha. They fade REALLY easy. After this set of tires I won't do it again cuz you constantly have to touch it up. Takes a while to do to. But looks wise when its fresh and clean its killer!

View attachment Look_at_the_Shine.jpg

I'll probably go with the majority of the post's on this one when this topic dies out.

just a rear shot of my rocket ship

<!--EDIT|mymaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152237273 -->

bbb_028.jpg

Just my .02, but I like the second pic. Letters blacked out looks really cool.
+1
Plus after a short while they look faded or washed out. I've use lots of different markers and none have worked for very long. Although they look OK when first put on ! Just my .02 cents worth though !!
Done it and love it as you can see below.....BUT.....you knew there was a but coming. haha. They fade REALLY easy. After this set of tires I won't do it again cuz you constantly have to touch it up. Takes a while to do to. But looks wise when its fresh and clean its killer!
+1

I totally agree. It's a pain in the ass, but worth it. I found using a toothpick to scatch off over paint works really well.

Also, my buddies say the pulsating of my tires when I'm riding is kinda hypnotic and interesting.

Just my .02, but I like the second pic.  Letters blacked out looks really cool.
+1
+1

I totally agree. It's a pain in the ass, but worth it. I found using a toothpick to scatch off over paint works really well.

Also, my buddies say the pulsating of my tires when I'm riding is kinda hypnotic and interesting.
I totally agree the spinning effect is sweet looking. I did it and as SOON as my buddy on his CBR saw it he went out and got pens to do it that week. He was a big fan to. It seems the opinions on this are really divided though.

Back