Custom paint work...need info/suggestions

Busa_05

Busa Legend
Donating Member
Registered
I was wondering if any of you guys have had custom paint done...like the kanji on both sides of the fairing and what you paid? Also, color scheme suggestions...my boo is an '05 black and silver...thanks guys.

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112139506 -->

B-sting custom painted my 04 le a different red. All the black plastics are smoothed out and red also.

bikes_004.jpg

Jason,
Don't know how much it would cost, but a color scheme I would recommend is to go with a Blu/Sil combination...very similar to when the 01's came out. I have a few pics if you're interested.......:D

i didn't do anything to "out there" but did use the good stuff.

ran abooot $1500

and I kep the extra paint (well not me, but it's on a shelf at the body shop with a peice of duct tape over it wif my name on it. They shake it up or whatever every once in a while with all the other paint) just in case I ever wanted to add an undertail or had a widdle accident or something.

Cant answer your questions but here is my 02 cents pet pieve..

If your going to do a "theme" type paint scheme put the screens in over the engine holes etc on the sides of the fairings. Have the painter continue the scheme right over the screens so you have a COMPLETE picture. Looks better. Screens sorta disapear in the scheme.

My buddy painted his bike with the thunder cat theme in color with lionol, mumbra etc. I told him to do the screens. Anyway he didnt now lional looks like he's missing ½ his mouth!

ICE

Good suggestion Icemann, and I agree also. My painter asked me if he wanted me to paint the screens the same as the custom color. I told him no because I wanted the chrome screens to accent the wheels and various other chrome parts. I stuck with the '02 scheme, but added my own twist.

Cant answer your questions but here is my 02 cents pet pieve..

If your going to do a "theme" type paint scheme put the screens in over the engine holes etc on the sides of the fairings.  Have the painter continue the scheme right over the screens so you have a COMPLETE picture.  Looks better.  Screens sorta disapear in the scheme.

My buddy painted his bike with the thunder cat theme in color with lionol, mumbra etc.  I told him to do the screens.  Anyway he didnt now lional looks like he's missing ½ his mouth!

ICE
Damn! Thats a great idea.

thanks for all your input guys. I've been thinking of doing something with the kanji. I like the idea of a red that "glows." But I don't want to get the whole bike painted either. I like the black and silver, so I'm trying to come with a combination of the black/silver/some red accents with red kanji, etc...ideas? ideas? ideas?
blush.gif

Back