Time for new tires

rc51ny

Donating Member
Registered
Time to replace the Bridgestones on the 'busa. Since most of my time is street riding and touring (no track time) I'm looking for a tire that will give more milegage. A friend suggests the Avon Azaro-ST he has on his bike. Anyone running them? Appropiate for a 'busa? Lookng for opinions. Thanks

Try the Maxxis Supermax. Great grip and wear. Great price also. About $175 shipped for the set.

I just bought Pilot Powers for mine to replace the stockers. I talked to my mechanic about the Azaro's. He said in my case; I like the Dragon, they were too hard for serious twisties. Milder mannered curves may do alright. I've heard good reports on mileage though from them.

Dan

Hey TennBusa...I am headed up to Norris Lake on Sat. Trailering the Busa with me of course. How far is that from the Gap?

Oh and on tires give the M-3's a shot. If they are as good as the M-1's you should be good to go. About 260 tyd if you look hard enough.

Prielli Diablo Strada sport touring tire lasted quite a while and stuck REALLY well. Deep tread and absorbative carcus makes for squirm when trying to get all sporty on them

in fact the right tire directly depends on your riding style , but i recommend Diablo too ...

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Michelin Pilot Powers.. Great Handeling, Feedback and wear.
smile.gif

Check out the jinksters post on the qualifier. Here is a photo of the Dunlop Sportmax GP. First set I've tried and I'm very impressed. Don't think I have ever been on a tire that gave me more confidence.

Sunday_Ride_003.jpg

Check out the jinksters post on the qualifier. Here is a photo of the Dunlop Sportmax GP. First set I've tried and I'm very impressed. Don't think I have ever been on a tire that gave me more confidence.
+1 qualifier moves in hard...they said, it has a double compounded tires, nuder words, the center has a harder rubber than the shoulder, so when you lean the bike, it sticks to the road better...and, when you traveling HWY, you've got hard rubber for better miles...my 2c
wink.gif

Avons if you tour most of the time but still like to hit the twisties. Just ordered another today from the stealership, $141.00. This one has 7100 miles on it.

100_1075.JPG

Back