Anyone else looking forward to the Winter Olympics

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
No I 'm not poking fun at you guys snowed in.
Simply looking forward to some good Olympic Bobsled and Downhill skiing is all.
Curious if anyone else likes. 2 days away.
If so what are your fav winter sports ?

um.. if they dont get some snow up there you'll have to come to the mid atlantic for your snow skiing :laugh:

no really that was a thing in the news not long ago, they didnt have enough snow at the venue :laugh:

It doesn't feel like winter Olympics should be hear already. Ever since they changed the summer and winter olypics from every four years at the same time to summer and winter 2 years apart, it just doesn't feel like the Olympics to me anymore.

I can't wait for the Summer Olympics and synchronized swimming.

20090216-snl-menssynchronizedswimming.jpg

I agree with BenWoj, having Olympic events every 2 years kind of takes the novelty out of it. 40 years ago I enjoyed watching the Olympics more than I do presently. Was it ABC that coined the phrase "The thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat"? The good 'ol days.

I dont like it. Not one bit. Not when I stand I dont like when sit. I dont like it in a chair I dont like it over there.

Dr.Suess on the other hand:laugh:

i live like 2 hours away so im goin to see a hockey game but thats it...sad how cypress the mountain where the ski jumping is has 0 snow..they bringing dumptrucks full of snow from other mountains to put it where they need it.

Only if Lindsey Vonn is there, She is one hansom woman!!!!!!

Girl can flat out move on two planks! To have her skill at her level is something that often goes unappreciated. She's pretty easy on the eyes too :thumbsup:

I look forward to the Downhill, Giant Slalom, and of course now that Snowboarding is in...Shaun White! :bowdown:

Lindsey-Vonn-wins-downhill-gold-at-Worlds.jpg

LV.jpg

lindseyvonn.jpg

1491993-400_lindseyvonn_2.jpg

Agony of Defeat.
These were the days .
Real men Jumping, real men jumping real motorcycles, real men boxing, real men drag racing and a REAL BEER SPONSOR !

I miss Jim McKay.

Yes, cant wait!! Been working on emptying out my DVR so I can record all the events (and then fast forward through them later). I love the bobsled, downhill skiing, and the little documentaries the show about the host city.

Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get them up it's bobsled time!! Cool runnings. I can't wait either!

Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get them up it's bobsled time!! Cool runnings. I can't wait either!

:lol:

I forgot about the Bobsled. There is also the Luge and those nut cases on the Skeleton's! They pull up to 5g's and speds in excess of 80mph :bowdown:

220px-thumb.jpg

Only if Lindsey Vonn is there, She is one hansom woman!!!!!!

Wow Bubba, we gotta work on your chick etiquette. Women aren't handsome, they're gorgeous, beautiful, hot...some other adjectives out there as well, but handsome?? :rofl: You know I'm just having fun with ya! If you wanna call her a handsome woman...have at it bro! :laugh: Just don't tell it to her face. Call her sexy or hot, she'll like it better. ;)

Back