Not looking forward to winter.

NC is ideal, if you need more people to Tat, NE Atl- close to North GA mountains, plenty o folk to draw on, I could always use more ink.
Posted via Mobile Device

You could try to learn Airbrushing bikes....seems like it may be similar to Your line of work. Just a thought.
Posted via Mobile Device

San Antonio, no snow, and riding is great in the winter months. Plus there is more ink here than employee day at the carnival.

Come to SC. Tattoo's were just legalized a couple years ago here. We still are in need of some good artists!

This sounds Promising. The Myrtle Beach area seems like it has a TON of tattooists though. Might need to go inland. The trick is finding a place that isn't oversaturated, or if it is, making sure there is absolutely no comparison to the quality of work I'm capable of putting out. I'd rather try to open my own studio rather than working for someone else. I've got lots of research to do.

why not a college town? Would be a good place for business...

I'm in a college town now. It's GREAT for piercers, but as a tattoist... most of my clients are locals, and the military peeps generally want stuff that is WAY more fun to do, and easier to build on. Not much I can do with a jayhawk. It's alot of smaller stuff the college kids want, and yes.. money is money, but it'll burn ya out real quick.

NC is ideal, if you need more people to Tat, NE Atl- close to North GA mountains, plenty o folk to draw on, I could always use more ink.
Posted via Mobile Device

Doesn't sound bad. Whats ATL like? That's another thing I'm gonna have to think about. Do I want to go into a BIG city, with many established shops, where I'll be forced into working for someone else, esp. without having any client base. High rent / cost of living, Or somewhere a bit smaller.

I want out of NY and away from the snow too. Could this be the begining of an Org apt complex in the sun?:whistle:

Yeah, maybe we should all just throw in and purchase an entire multiplex building to go live in during the winter! :laugh:

You may wanna try a medium sixe town/city. Seems like a big city would have lots of compition and may be oversaturated, where a small town, well, they dont take kindly to you folks:laugh:
Just some food for thought:thumbsup:

I'd like to second Vonderbachs question on 'just legalized tattoos' ?
What the heck does that mean ?
Up until then you had to go out of state ?
Anyone who had a tattoo was in illegal possession of 'skin art' ?
What ?
That is strange ?

Vonderbach and Strife you two are far north of me so the humidity can't be any worse than it is here ?
I guess after almost thirty yrs I've just gotten used to it ?
Opposite is that as soon as it hits 50-60 degrees it's too cold for me and I turn the heater on :laugh:

Back