Another fastest production bike?

bigoltool

Registered
The first real pics I have found of the MV Augusta F4 CC (Claudio Castiglioni). 1078cc 200bhp, 125nm of torque and a claimed 315KPH top speed. Best of the best of the best!
http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/News/2007_MV_Agusta_and_Cagiva.htm

In the words of Ewan McGregor "I want one"!

MV_Agusta_F4_CC_2r.jpg

(bigoltool @ Nov. 13 2006,23:42) In the words of Ewan McGregor "I want one"!
Too bad you gotta have his kind of pocket to get one!!!
MV's are the sweetest looking bikes out there, IMO.

wow and all for a mere pittance at 128,459.21 USD!

I was just reading about the new Duc this morning~ Tis a bit pricey for my wallet, but looks sweet...

Ducati Unveils Stunning 1098 Superbike

By Dirck J. Edge

motorcycledaily.com/B]

Apparently frustrated by the circulation of photos on the Internet, Ducati decided to issue a press release this evening disclosing the stunning 1098 superbike originally scheduled for debut at the Milan show next week. Below is the full text of that press release. To us, the most incredible statistic is the claimed weight of the new v-twin superbike . . . a mere 381 pounds! According to Ducati, the 1098 is lighter than any production Japanese 1000. If true, this would be amazing for a v-twin of this displacement.

As we predicted recently, the styling of the 1098 draws heavily on the original 916 (one of the most beautiful bikes ever made).

Cupertino, CA (November 8, 2006) - Ducati North America announces the international launch and North American pricing for the new 1098 Superbike.

This incredible new machine produces 160hp and 90.4lbs/ft of torque, which results in making the 1098 the most powerful twin-cylinder motorcycle in the world, with the highest torque-to-weight ratio of any sport bike. In addition, the 1098 is also the lightest open class Superbike available, weighing 381 pounds.

The priority in every step of the 1098 development has been performance first.

Every system, every detail and every component has been studied and pared down to its essence in order to increase performance to the maximum. If it didn’t make the 1098 lighter, faster or deliver quicker lap times, it wasn’t considered.

The 1098 will be available in three versions starting in February. The 1098 Biposto will carry a manufacturers suggested retail price of $14,995. The 1098 S will be priced at $19,995, while the limited edition 1098 S Tri-Colore will be $24,995. The 1098 S Tri-Colore will feature a evocative red, white and green racing livery and a Termignoni performance exhaust system, among other performance enhancements.

Prices in Canada will be $19,995 for standard version, while the 1098 S will be $24,995 and the Tri-Colore will be $29,995.

“We are very pleased to announce not only a radical new Superbike family, but also a brand new competitive pricing structure. We have worked very long and hard to make this happen, and we are excited to introduce this motorcycle to the American public at the Seattle round of the International Motorcycle Shows, which happens December 1-3,â€￾ said Michael Lock, CEO of Ducati North America.

For further detailed technical information and images, please visit www.ducatiusa.com.

Now that the rate you bar is gone!!!
guns.gif
I think it looks like a Busa with street fighter clothing! Kinda like some of the triumph models. Copy right infringement only reversed!

all_coholic.gif

So are they going to bring it to the USA? Or perhaps even Maxton? Bragging about 315KPH is tantamount to crossing the oft lamented 300kph line the bike Manufacturers have lived with ever since our trusty Busa rewrote the book on such things. I am a little skeptical about that number though if this thing truly does make 200hp (at the crank I presume) and only goes 315kph. The Busa did damn near that with a lot more weight and 25 fewer ponies.

I still want one though!

Dear Santa....

Back