amsoil or mobil 1 4xt what oil is better for my busa???

jeffritz

Registered
I have run amsoil but was thinking of trying mobil 1 4xt any one else use this oil and can tell me what's better

put a new filter and 1 gal of you fav oil in it...kn 138 and rotella t works...if you change it often and it comes out clean just keep riding

I go with the Mobile 1 just because of convenience. I am to get it at my local advanced autoparts which is a lot closer and cheaper than a bike shop that has a readily available supply of Amsoil. I change my oil every 3K miles and have had no problems whatsoever. If I was racing it at the track every weekend and had a ton of $$$$ into the engine maybe I would shell out the extra dough just for piece of mind

Me thinks the best of the two, would be the one you can get hold of first. :laugh:

Personally, I do not like Amsoil's marketing, sales and always wonder how honest they are?

I send for an analysis with each change on all my bikes and have been using AGIP by ENI. (One of the main sponsers of MotoGP and WSBK) Results show the oil holding up was not wonderful. Have expensive Silkolene in there at the moment, but no analysis yet, so we will find out results in the future.

In my Harley, the best analysis so far regarding how the oil held up was actually the Harley oil from the factory. Better than Mobil V twin and better than Agip.

This is all just for fun though, for the duty of most bikes just about any JASO MA grade will do the job sufficiently.

I use Amsoil only because I can get it locally. Mobil 1 goes into my other 4 vehicles.

I go with the Mobile 1 just because of convenience. I am to get it at my local advanced autoparts which is a lot closer and cheaper than a bike shop that has a readily available supply of Amsoil. I change my oil every 3K miles and have had no problems whatsoever. If I was racing it at the track every weekend and had a ton of $$$$ into the engine maybe I would shell out the extra dough just for piece of mind

so amsoil or mobile 1??

I'm running rotella t6 in mine the last 2 oil changes. 1 gallon $ 21 at walmart, heck of alot cheaper than mobil 1. Mobil 1 is what I've run the last 35k, can't tell any difference since I switched.

I use Amsoil Motorcycle Oil with the Amsoil filter for extended oil changes. I change at 5000 miles. The Amsoil is great oil with higher ZDDP in it along with other additives that keep friction to a minimum. If you buy it online it is prety cheap to buy compared to all the other synthetics except for Rotella T6. For most bikers, they will never notice a difference in oils when changing at 3000 miles. But going 5000 is a lot easier with less changes. That is when the Amsoil really shines!

Back