Oil, synthetic? mobil 1? amsoil? or ?

And ..........get an oil that you can buy when your on the rode.
rock.gif
Ya cause all oils are not compatible
rock.gif
I'm sorry but if you need oil ON THE ROAD you must have a problem. I'm sure that any oil will do and it will mix just fine to get you home. If you are that worried about having oil on a trip, you probably have a qrt or 2 packed away before you started. So what difference does it make?

rock.gif

Hope this helps. I never seen a motor fail for running any particular oil. As long as there is anough and it is not contaminated.
Once again,

What I'm asking is, did the American Petroleum Institute test this oil and give it THEIR rating? [/QUOTE]

Why can't anyone who sells this stuff answer that? Is it a YES, NO or I DON'T KNOW?

That oil can be the best stuff on the face of the earth, but if it's not in the American Petroleum Insititutes records the clever wording on the bottle is deceptive. Engines can and do fail for various reasons. If my Busa engine pukes under warranty and I show Suzuki receipts for NON API oil that I've been using in it, do you think they'll say "Aww Shucks, we'll cover it anyway"? This from a company that will do anything they can to weasel their way out of covering warranty items?

All I see is API SERVICE.  Is there an actual "Meets or Exceeds API..." Crescent Seal somewhere on the bottle?

motoroil1.jpg

What I'm asking is, did the American Petroleum Institute test this oil and give it THEIR rating?
Then I geuss to anwser your question with a yes or no. NO, it doesn't have that stamp of approval for you on the bottle. I recommend not using it.

Amsoil ROCKS!
I have been running it for 15.000 miles now in the busa.
Shifts so well you can feel the differents.
And stays so clean it's hard to tell when to change it!

What I'm asking is, did the American Petroleum Institute test this oil and give it THEIR rating? [/QUOTE]

Why can't anyone who sells this stuff answer that?  Is it a YES, NO or I DON'T KNOW?

That oil can be the best stuff on the face of the earth, but if it's not in the American Petroleum Insititutes records the clever wording on the bottle is deceptive.  Engines can and do fail for various reasons.  If my Busa engine pukes under warranty and I show Suzuki receipts for NON API oil that I've been using in it, do you think they'll say "Aww Shucks, we'll cover it anyway"?  This from a company that will do anything they can to weasel their way out of covering warranty items?[/quote]
If the Dealer or Suzuki do not cover your motor for lack of lubrication ,then you can go after AMSOIL to stand behind you.I don't think what oil you use is going to make the differance. Lack of oil via a bad oil pump might cause a proplem. AMSOIL Product Warranty
Bottom line ..run what you like and I guess what you feel safe with.Change it when you feel it should be changed. If you realy want to get crazy. Send your oil out and get it analyzed every 1k to make sure all is ok.

<!--EDIT|1badasbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139973265 -->

All I see is API SERVICE.  Is there an actual "Meets or Exceeds API..." Crescent Seal somewhere on the bottle?

What I'm asking is, did the American Petroleum Institute test this oil and give it THEIR rating?
Then I geuss to anwser your question  with a yes or no. NO, it doesn't have that stamp of approval for you on the bottle. I recommend not using it.
Never mind, I did some digging and found the answer I was looking for:

<span style='color:blue'>If you're concerned about your warranty and feel pressures to use an API
licensed oil, even after reading this answer, then the XL 5W-20 (XLM), 5W-
30 (XLF), 10W-30 (XLT) and 10W-40 (XLO) or our 15W-40 (PCO) API licensed oils should be your choice. If you are looking for an alternative to frequent oil changes or just want the best performing oil for your car, then one of our top tier non-API licensed synthetic oils are for you. Read on, and decide for yourself.</span>

Then I geuss to anwser your question  with a yes or no. NO, it doesn't have that stamp of approval for you on the bottle. I recommend not using it.
Never mind, I did some digging and found the answer I was looking for:

<span style='color:blue'>If you're concerned about your warranty and feel pressures to use an API
licensed oil, even after reading this answer, then the XL 5W-20 (XLM), 5W-
30 (XLF), 10W-30 (XLT) and 10W-40 (XLO) or our 15W-40 (PCO) API licensed oils should be your choice. If you are looking for an alternative to frequent oil changes or just want the best performing oil for your car, then one of our top tier non-API licensed synthetic oils are for you. Read on, and decide for yourself.</span>
jump9.gif
SWEET. Hey Turbo-Torch you should become a dealer. You know more about this stuff than we do (vendors).I use it cause I like it and everyone that I had try it loved it. I became a dealer to buy it for my self. I originally set out to try Royal Purple. I ended up trying AMSOIL and liked the way it performed so I stuck with it.

Gotta share my oil change fiasco! I went out this weekend to get some oil for the Busa. Wanted Mobil 1 MX4T10w40. So it was in the 30's here but gorgeous so not a waste by any means. LSS I go to three different bike shops around here and cannot find this oil at any of them! I am resigned to using regular old Mobil 1 10w30. So I go to Schucks and grab 4 quarts of Mobil 1 and head to the checkout. There at the stand is a clearance rack with 3 quarts of the very Mx4T I was after in the first place on sale for $5 a qt. Easy decision. Except that they had no 4th qt! So I decided to supplement these three with one quart of regular Mobil 1 I already had at home.

So I go to change oil and I had also bought a K&N oil filter for it. Here goes part 2 of the fiasco. I put the filter on and it seems like it is tight enough so I go to put oil in it and after I get the first quart in it starts streaming out past the filter! So I take the filter off and check it out and find the gasket is twisted up on it, So I put it back on and get it nice and snug this time. No more leak but now I am down to the three quarts of oil I just bought and it is not enough to register on the sigh window! Apparently a significant enought quantity ran out into the oil pan to deplete my supply. So I ask my wife to bring me home another quart of Mobil 1 10w30. She shows up with a quart of their new "extended service" Mobil 1. So I find out tonight that there is a local autozone that sells the MX4t and I am heading there tomorrow to get a quart or 5 of the mx4t I wanted in the first place and I will speak no more of this. Lesson Learned! Why do such menial tasks have to turn into such a pain in the...

Motul 300V Factory Line 5W40 is the ONLY oil I will ever use. I use the OEM manufacturer's specified oil (in this case, Genuine Suzuki natural petroleum oil) for the first 2K Miles with changes at 500 and 1000 miles. After 2000 miles I switch to Motul and change every 2000-2500 miles thereafter. This oil is a RACE OIL and does not have the life expectancy of the regular Motul 300V Bio-Syn or 300V Sport products. It is also quite expensive at approximately $45USD for a 4 liter bottle. However, it DOES make power! This can be seen below in an attached dyno test performed on a R1 by Sport Rider. It is also excellent with wet clutches unlike some others on the market. I have and only will ever use Genuine Suzuki (Wako's) oil filters. I do not approve of Fram, Emgo, K&N, Purolator or any other aftermarket filter. The Genuine Suzuki filter is the BEST quality!

Gotta share my oil change fiasco! I went out this weekend to get some oil for the Busa. Wanted Mobil 1 MX4T10w40. So it was in the 30's here but gorgeous so not a waste by any means. LSS I go to three different bike shops around here and cannot find this oil at any of them! I am resigned to using regular old Mobil 1 10w30. So I go to Schucks and grab 4 quarts of Mobil 1 and head to the checkout. There at the stand is a clearance rack with 3 quarts of the very Mx4T I was after in the first place on sale for $5 a qt. Easy decision. Except that they had no 4th qt! So I decided to supplement these three with one quart of regular Mobil 1 I already had at home.

So I go to change oil and I had also bought a K&N oil filter for it. Here goes part 2 of the fiasco. I put the filter on and it seems like it is tight enough so I go to put oil in it and after I get the first quart in it starts streaming out past the filter! So I take the filter off and check it out and find the gasket is twisted up on it, So I put it back on and get it nice and snug this time. No more leak but now I am down to the three quarts of oil I just bought and it is not enough to register on the sigh window! Apparently a significant enought quantity ran out into the oil pan to deplete my supply. So I ask my wife to bring me home another quart of Mobil 1 10w30. She shows up with a quart of their new "extended service" Mobil 1. So I find out tonight that there is a local autozone that sells the MX4t and I am heading there tomorrow to get a quart or 5 of the mx4t I wanted in the first place and I will speak no more of this. Lesson Learned! Why do such menial tasks have to turn into such a pain in the...
It's called Murphies Law..................aint it grand?
wink.gif

Wal Mart sells MX4t. I paid 7.39 QT.

I've used Redline and Amsoil and never had a problem. I don't sell either one just buy them at the dealer.

Hello Walmart Shoppers, Today we have your favorite motorcycle oil in the auto section for only 99 cents per gallon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzuki Dino oil here boys. It works, suzuki recomends it and your warranty is always valid and a whopping $2.50 a quart
smile.gif

Motul 300V Factory Line 5W40 is the ONLY oil I will ever use. I use the OEM manufacturer's specified oil (in this case, Genuine Suzuki natural petroleum oil) for the first 2K Miles with changes at 500 and 1000 miles. After 2000 miles I switch to Motul and change every 2000-2500 miles thereafter. This oil is a RACE OIL and does not have the life expectancy of the regular Motul 300V Bio-Syn or 300V Sport products. It is also quite expensive at approximately $45USD for a 4 liter bottle. However, it DOES make power! This can be seen below in an attached dyno test performed on a R1 by Sport Rider. It is also excellent with wet clutches unlike some others on the market. I have and only will ever use Genuine Suzuki (Wako's) oil filters. I do not approve of Fram, Emgo, K&N, Purolator or any other aftermarket filter. The Genuine Suzuki filter is the BEST quality!
+1 Motul. I use the 10-40 syn blend though. Engine runs smooth and my shifts are impeccable. It's motorcycle specific and I'm suprised that more people don't use it here. But I do track days so Motul has worked well for me. A bit expensive but worth it.

i've been using amsoil 10w30 from the get go and i've had no problems. it is very pricey at $6.50 a quart, but my bike seems to like it.
wink.gif

My buddy is an Amsoil man. That's all the guy uses and he hasn't had any problems with his bikes. I've heard good things about Motul and we use it in my wife's SV. We haven't had a problem with it. I use strictly Silkolene in my Busa and F4.

This was an interesting thread!
smile.gif

Back