Is Mobil 1 15w-50 silver cap any good?

The best oil there is IMO. Been running it in motor and turbo bikes for years.
+1 nothing but good news
thumb_up.gif

I posted this link the other day for $4.99 a quart outright (if you dont dig on rebates). What is Walmarts price?
It has been running around $22.50 for 5 quarts jugs around my area . Low cost per quart for a very good engine oil thats been used in bikes and other race engines since I guess around 1993 .

Recent base oil and additive price increases have not reached the store shelves yet . These are fairly large hikes . Those sealed jugs have a very long shelf life when stored in a climate controlled area . User's of this oil might could save some bucks by purchasing now.

The additive pack , compared to many oils on the shelves shows ultra strong levels of anti-wear components  
muscle.gif

Wanna see inside it ?  
smileyexhibit.gif

Very good stuff. I've been using for years. Back when bikes were air-cooled and had more localized hot spots, I could really tell the difference in deposits & overall cleanliness. Synthetics in general are more stable at higher temperatures (up to 50 degrees higher)and shear strength is much better, which is especially important when your clutch, tranny, & engine all use the same oil. My only concern is that some people use the superior properties of synthetics to greatly extend oil change intervals, and bikes are hard on oil. Way back in the early 80's(had a small bike shop then), I sent a dozen or so samples off the be analyzed and conventional oil was degrading as early as 1500 miles. No hard facts to back it up, but even with a synthetic, I don't like to go much over 3K miles. Probably preaching to the choir here, but MC specific oils usually have less friction modifiers and more anti wear additives, which might be better for the clutch if it was marginal to begin with.

i have useed mobil 1 synthetic oils for 4 1/2 years and put 25000 hard miles,drag racing, etc.

been a great oil for me and i will use it on my 2008 now.

Back