a simple observation about amsoil

i dont understand the idle part. all i can say is that it is down. that is undeniable. probably means nothing anyway. now the valve tick though did raise an eyebrow with me. whenever i changed the oil before it did have the tick for a few seconds and i know it did not this time. thats all im saying. its just interesting. i havent noticed anything in the shifting. it was always pretty smooth anyway. at least after the first 2k or so. used to have this annoying false idle between 5th and 6th. a common issue as i remember reading.

I'll just keep running, and using Amsoil synthetics and EAoM filters while you guys work this thing out...mmmkay ????......:moon:

If the valves didn't make noise immediately after the oil change it had nothing to do with the brand of oil. It would need time to circulate the oil up into the valvetrain. If it was quiet, it would be due to the Mobile 1 still doing it's job until the Amsoil got up there and flushed the Mobile 1 out of the valves.

Even the best oil can't defy gravity.
There you go TruWrecks, You are exactly right.

Sorry folks, but you must excuse do3...we do try to look after him here at the org :whistle:

I must be bad... I just change the dam oil... drive it it works...I mean holy crap its a piece of metal, not a person lol... I use the cheapest bike oil I can get. valvoline usually. change the filter with every oil change, usually 2-3k... done

I get the Stuff for FREE because I am in the Business..................:whistle:

I have a GEN2 and Noticed NO DIFFERANCE but still use it because it's FREE !!!:thumbsup:

I'm gonna go with the 4T next. Don't really know why but I'm gonna try it. Lots of people say only use MC oil but I'm still not convinced that it's any different. Why the Heck is motorcycle oil so Dang more expensive than anything else. I would really like to know the answer to this. I mean a logical answer.???

I'm gonna go with the 4T next. Don't really know why but I'm gonna try it. Lots of people say only use MC oil but I'm still not convinced that it's any different. Why the Heck is motorcycle oil so Dang more expensive than anything else. I would really like to know the answer to this. I mean a logical answer.???

Non MC oil is not designed to work with wet clutch's,is the big reason. Why do they charge so much...??? Because having a MC is a luxury,and they oil makers prolly figure we'll pay more for it,and we do.:banghead:

I bought some of the latest and greatest oil the other day for one of my Harleys. It was only 18 dollars a quart. :banghead::laugh:

RSD.

A lot of MC oil isn't much more expensive than regular oil. The good stuff is. It also makes a HUGE difference WHERE you buy it from. If you're going to cycle gear or somewhere like that to buy it, then that's half your problem. Cycle gear around here charges $12/quart for 4T. Walmart has it for $8. I don't know about other brands, but if the full synthetic is $8 then obviously the nonsynthetics will be less.

Non MC oil is not designed to work with wet clutch's,is the big reason. Why do they charge so much...??? Because having a MC is a luxury,and they oil makers prolly figure we'll pay more for it,and we do.:banghead:

I bought some of the latest and greatest oil the other day for one of my Harleys. It was only 18 dollars a quart. :banghead::laugh:

RSD.

Well that's what you get when you buy things that say HD on it. HD just means add another 50%.:laugh:

Last edited:
Back