American Busa?

If Motus can get things moving with these first two models I believe they may be able to add a lot of these goodies going forward.

It will likely come down to cash flow .

With the boom in Adventure bike sales I would be shocked if they did not leverage this power-train with an offering in that segment in the not too distant future also.

They have big adventure bikes already ~ it won't be easy competing with Honda . . .

5d8c65b74e876c5aaf6cb97d02a29df3.jpg

We will have to see how long Polaris hangs onto the Indian line...the Victory line was fading fast..

Even Harley Davidson had to out-source to other countries to keep going, it's a tough market.

Buell came and went as did Motus...sad really.

Linky to my post 14 months ago, common sense prevailed.
Any start up operation competing with an established market, proven reliability, brand loyalty and products which have been improved over years of R&D would need massive capital investment with a goal of profitability years away from start up. Example is Tesla. Wonderful product, billions debt, still no profitability.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/american-busa.192459/page-2#post-3213314

Linky to my post 14 months ago, common sense prevailed.
Any start up operation competing with an established market, proven reliability, brand loyalty and products which have been improved over years of R&D would need massive capital investment with a goal of profitability years away from start up. Example is Tesla. Wonderful product, billions debt, still no profitability.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/american-busa.192459/page-2#post-3213314
im glad tesla isn't doing well.. it just prolongs the time before we all have to drive and ride toasters.

Well to build a car or motorcycle the infrastructure must be amortized over hundreds of thousands of units. Hard to do selling just a few hundred units or less. Some startup can do this by using the industrial intensive parts like engines and frames from other cars/bikes, but Motus was manufacturing it's own engine - great engine but costly. I was hoping that engine could get them by, as it was showing up in everything.

This is a huge loss and may be a part of the death of the American motorcycle (HD being the other part). The Motus was a uniquely American product, they managed to tap into the half-a-small block history in a brilliant twist on the hot rod. I think not having electronics was an issue though, buyers in this market will want that (that's the main reason I didn't pull the trigger myself).

Oh well. It's looking like the American public does not appreciate great bikes. Buell and now Motus gone. Even Victory is gone. The project 156 Vicory was working on was an awesome bike!

That Ship has sailed bro. Frankly I find it interesting:
https://lightningmotorcycle.com/
don't go for it... its only as matter of time before the US government is watching everybody... it would be tooo easy to build in gps tech RIGHT into the ECU or whatever the hell controls these electric buzzmachines… too much power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.... we see whats left of the roman empire.... and if u don't think the government would use electric vehicles against citizens... ure crazy... I see cameras everywhere now.. literally everywhere... ask ANYONE convicted of a murder... 80 percent didn't see the camera.... smile.... big brother is watching you... furthermore if u have a webcam on ure television and internet access... it can be used by a criminal to look right into ure living room.... unhook that damn tv from the internet.... don't let them put GPS in ure car.... protect yourself at all times.... look over ure shoulder.... keep the heat under the pillow... don't let them catch u sleeping with ure eyes open.

Last edited:
don't go for it... its only as matter of time before the US government is watching everybody... it would be tooo easy to build in gps tech RIGHT into the ECU or whatever the hell controls these electric buzzmachines… too much power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.... we see whats left of the roman empire.... and if u don't think the government would use electric vehicles against citizens... ure crazy... I see cameras everywhere now.. literally everywhere... ask ANYONE convicted of a murder... 80 percent didn't see the camera.... smile.... big brother is watching you... furthermore if u have a webcam on ure television and internet access... it can be used by a criminal to look right into ure living room.... unhook that damn tv from the internet.... don't let them put GPS in ure car.... protect yourself at all times.... look over ure shoulder.... keep the heat under the pillow... don't let them catch u sleeping with ure eyes open.

Dude that's tin-hat rambling. Everything you own will be spying on you 24/7 is less than 5 years. Electric motorcycles or not. It's going to be hard to get insurance when your bike tells the insurance company you were just going 170 mph on public roads!

Back