Motus - what say you?

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Was doing some browsing and ran across this bike again and they have some good vids and numbers around it now. 122 ft/lbs of torque and right at 150HP. That bike would have to be an easy ride making that much torque.

With that said, do you like it or no?

MOTUS MOTORCYCLES - The MST V4 Sport Tourer

mst01_gallery_feature_01.jpg

I think it looks compelling. It is something of a Ducati knock off but if all those numbers are true I say it's about time and American motorcycle company built a real sport touring motorcycle.

I seen an article about it a couple of months back, very interesting:thumbsup:. The price I remember was kinda high though.

I have an opportunity to meet Brian Case the VP. Just wondering what feedback I could send him to help this startup company. If you don't like the bike you have to be inspired by the effort to do what this company is doing. I would love the opportunity to ride this bike. Would you?

I would like to see the bike wrapped up a bit with some fairings. The engine and suspension components are pretty much spot on. No one could argue with the torque curve. Some of the vids of the little V4 are pretty cool.

By little, I mean 1600 cc...

So, maybe i'll reserve my :puke: until AFTER he let's me ride it :)

Don't suppose you have any friends from BMW do you? S1000 RR:please:

I believe it is 160 hp, not 150. It is a very inspiring story and I think that it is beyond time for something like this. The bike feels really good in the saddle. If they got everything right, which I believe they are very close, this will be the first competent American made sport touring bike in existence. It is not a Ducati rip off or any other for that matter. They bike is a complete one off design. Most of the engineering took place at Pratt Miller and the engine was developed at Katech. I for one am excited about it and look forward to seeing them succeed. You can't get much more American than the pedigree this bike has.

PA140034.jpg

I like it. It's not the most beautiful machine ever built, but it looks pretty darn good. Maybe a different color would work better. It does have some nice features though. The suspension, brakes, wheels, and exhaust all look very nice. And I've always been a sucker for a longitudinally mounted v-type engine. If Ducati and Moto Guzzi came to America and had a baby, this would be it. I would be willing to pay a bit extra for an American made bike. The one thing that I would be nervous about is just the fact that it's a new company in a tough market. I would hate to think that I could buy one and potentially have nobody there to back a warranty or supply parts down the road, but that's part of dealing with most any upstart company.

I wish them much luck! :beerchug:

Sat on one at Laguna Seca, its comfy. I like it in general and my father (who hasn't ridden since he was 17) said he liked it too. Well setup bike, and I love the story behind it.

The trellis frame is a nice touch and I think Ducati stopped developing on their trellis frame too soon so there's room for developement there. They are using some top shelf products like Ohlins suspension components and I'm wondering if they can manage to get cheaper components to deliver comparable performance, of course the cheaper components won't match the performance of the high grade parts but they might pull the MSRP down far enough to make this bike a real contender for the common man's buck.

There's not really much more I can say about it because I haven't ridden it. Maybe they should have a test ride day around Laguna Seca this year, or at Indy. That would probably help to promote the bike. Maybe drop a line to some of the big names at the races and see if they'll come check it out and give their two cents.

I hope they can get it off the ground, it is a very promising project. Maybe he can get a few more American companies behind it, or even join forces with someone like... I don't know, Eric Buell... to set up a strong dealership network for both their bikes?

Well production data is out. What say you now?

2013 Motus MST- starting at $30,975
2013 Motus MST Standard Equipment
• V4 Baby Block, 1650cc liquid cooled, 165 horsepower
• 6-Speed, dual-overdrive
• Electronic fuel injection
• Electronic throttle control
• 720w alternator
• Öhlins R&T adjustable [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]front
[FONT=inherit !important]suspension[/FONT][/FONT]
• Progressive mono-shock rear suspension with remote preload adjuster
• Brembo calipers
• Aluminum wheels with wave rotors
• Powerlet port
• Michelin tires
• Removable side cases by Givi
• Premium Sargent seat
• 20,000 mile XW-ring chain by RK
• Hybrid rear sprocket with lifetime warranty
• Centerstand

2013 Motus MST-R- starting at $36,975
2013 Motus MST-R Standard Equipment
• V4R Baby Block, 1650cc liquid cooled, 185 horsepower
• 6-Speed, dual-overdrive
• Electronic fuel injection
• Electronic throttle control
• 720w alternator
• Öhlins R&T NIX adjustable front suspension
• Öhlins TTX mono-shock rear suspension with remote preload adjuster
• Brembo M4 monoblock calipers
• Forged OZ aluminum wheels with wave rotors
• 3 Powerlet ports
• Michelin tires
• Removable side cases by Givi
• Premium Sargent seat
• 20,000 mile XW-ring chain by RK
• Hybrid rear sprocket with lifetime warranty
• Centerstand

[/FONT]

It looks like it would be a comfy touring bike, but I won't lie, it's way out of my budget...

Would be nice, but at $30-$36K you can forget about it.

I understand the engineering and development that went into the bike, but unless I win the lottery I will not own a bike that expensive. Hell, I don't even like to pay that much for a car.

I'm want to like it because of it's company, but I can't believe there is a market for a 30 to 40 K motorcycle. Just unreal.

I'm want to like it because of it's company, but I can't believe there is a market for a 30 to 40 K motorcycle. Just unreal.

I wish 'em luck, but I don't think there is a market for that type of bike at that price. I could be wrong, but I know a lot of guys that turn their Busas in to great touring bikes at a much cheaper cost...

I'll take one! Where do I sign up? All I need is like a 60% coupon, and I'll sign the papers today!

I like the looks of it. Looks like a KTM Duke and a Ducati Multistrada had a baby, and I'm in love with the baby..

I'd also like the fact that I wouldn't be seeing another one on my trip across the country. :thumbsup: My only fear is that I'd DEFINITELY not see a dealership on that same trip. :down:

Back