Tank bags/ what say you got?

Big Bo

Registered
I don`t read much on the org about tank bags and just so happens that the Cargo Endurance called it quits. The bag and I have been traveling together for 7 years. It has been a damn good bag that held a LOT of stuff. It is expandable and has 3 smaller pockets, a map compartment and the worthless backpack straps. Other than that I can not complain about the bag.

Anyway I ordered a Rapid Transit Stack LT Magnetic bag.
I really love the idea of being able to carry stuff when needed or wanted.

What tank bag do you have?

Rapid Transit Stack LT Magnetic Tank Bag - Street Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

I've got the Joe Rocket manta tank bag. Small, unintrusive, and carrys most what I need for short trips. I picked up the RK soft saddle bags from Pashnit for when I need to carry more stuff.

I have a Cargo Endurance, which sounds a lot like the one you described. For in town stuff.. I kind of hate it, but just took it on the road for an 8 hour ride and LOVED IT. Maybe I shouldn't say hate, but in town it's more than I need and want something small. With the ability to expand, my tail and saddle bags, I have yet to travel to capacity. I just bought my wife a sissy bar bag that is HUGE and the tool back was no joke either. Between our two setups we could probably travel for a good 3 weeks w/o a washer. lol

The one you listed looks nice. I assume the "modular" aspect is a smaller "in town" bag that will zip the larger one on top? if so, let me know how that works for you as I may need to change up. Initially it looks like a nice bag.

Just ordered the bag lastnight. I looked and could not find another Cargo Endurance, or I would have bought it. Big Yes, but when I need to haul a load or a little the Cargo never let me down.

The Rapid looks to be a two piece. I will leave it as is. The way I do, I will be somewhere and need the extrs space.

Cortech Mini it's pretty small but it expands, I have cortech side bags which I have used once since I got them :down: Doubt I will ever take a road trip long enough to ever use them again, but can't bring myself to sell them

:worthless: Seriously! :rulez: I'm just sayin'. :) :beerchug:

Joe Rocket Manta XL and Joe Rocket Space Pack 2.0 helmet bag
2009 Melissa Touring Edition 003.jpg

ICON Urban Tank Bag for the longer trips coupled with a backpack and I have all of the room I need.
2009 Melissa Touring Edition 009.jpg

2009 Melissa Touring Edition 003.jpg

2009 Melissa Touring Edition 009.jpg

I have a Cargo Endurance, which sounds a lot like the one you described. For in town stuff.. I kind of hate it, but just took it on the road for an 8 hour ride and LOVED IT. Maybe I shouldn't say hate, but in town it's more than I need and want something small. With the ability to expand, my tail and saddle bags, I have yet to travel to capacity. I just bought my wife a sissy bar bag that is HUGE and the tool back was no joke either. Between our two setups we could probably travel for a good 3 weeks w/o a washer. lol

The one you listed looks nice. I assume the "modular" aspect is a smaller "in town" bag that will zip the larger one on top? if so, let me know how that works for you as I may need to change up. Initially it looks like a nice bag.
It came tonight. Not as big as I thought. Wish it was larger. Yes, bottom zips to the top part. Bottom section is 2" high. I prefer the large expandable unit. I bought it, I will keep it. :banghead:

Wish I could have found another Cargo Endurance, really like that bag.

sorry off topic .... Tim I don't know how you ride in that snow covered road.. I get chills looking at it.

Back