Pumpkin Pie with a Pecan Crust? What say you?

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
The infamous ScooterGirl is intertaining guests for dinner tonight. She has ask me to make a pie for desert. Since I had all the makings left over from thanksgiving for pumpkin pie and it's Teresa's favorite I decided to Get-R-Done!

Now, here is the scoop! I have never put a top crust on Pumpkin Pie but since my infamous pecan crust on Sweet Potato Pie is such a hit I tried my luck at the adding a pecan crust and see what happens. So, what do you folks think, pecan crust on a pumpkin pie sound good/bad on pumpkin pie?

We'll soon know the answer as I have two such pies in the oven awaiting the timer to beep. I'll let you know the results from the dinner guests tonight. If I come home with a black eye, you'll know the pie experiment was a flop :dunno:

Pies are out of the oven!

They look tasty :whistle:

12-08-11 011.jpg

Pumpkin Pie 12-08-11 008.jpg

Man, you are KILLIN me!

Have you never had a pecan crust on sweet potato casserole? HECK YES it's gonna be tasty!

Ok after posting those pics you officially suck!!:poke:

Dayum those look good:thumbsup:

sent from my dunce stool via Tapatalk

make at least 2 !!! and if you mess one up..like its not "pretty" enough to serve...you can mail it to us =)

I'm about to call SteveO, and the first words out of my mouth will be, "Where the HECK is my Pie"?:rofl:

Ok after posting those pics you officially suck!!:poke:

Dayum those look good:thumbsup:

I'm gonna have to totally agree with you here Bret...

That sounds amazing and the pies look even better, let me know how it works out and I might have to get that recipe from you and try it myself, i'm a pushover for desserts

Make sure you send a piece to quality control dept. for proper evaluation, I will send you my addy :whistle:

:laugh:

Looking good:thumbsup:

Well, folks, here's the deal. He and Scootergirl and their friends ate one. He has the other in his fridge. Told me to come get it......

Back