My friend sold his busa for a warrior.

I like the look of the Warrior and its torque specs., but here is my comparison question...If both stock models of the Magna and Warrior do a quarter mile in 12 seconds, then exactly what is the extra torque playing in the acceleration equation? (given that the Magna is V4 and lighter and the Warrior is V2 air cooled pushrod). I mean, is the Magna more efficient even though not as big?

The Magna has half the torque, but about 8 hp more, and yet my friend says he "feels" the Magna has more torque even though it is untrue (which when you ride a Magna, you do feel it leap forward).  

And for me, I just couldn't let my Busa go...even though I like cruisers, I like the engine on the Busa with its torque and hp specs...hence my burnt circuits.

btw, those are beautiful pictures of bikes! Thanks to those for posting mod specs on the Warrior. And the Warrior is a cool bada** looking bike.

The Hayabusa.
Hayafalke1.JPG

The Warrior.
Danny%20warrior-2.jpg

<!--EDIT|steelhead
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157261827 -->

I have a Warrior & a Busa, comparing them to each other is the old apples vs oranges debate.

The Warrior is an old school hot rod that is fun to mod. Solid mounted v twin with vibes. I have a complete R1 front end on it including a sticky 17" tire & the R1 front fender. Rear shock has adjustable prelaod with damping. It handles really well for a 600# bike even in stock forrm. It comes with a 40# crankshaft & will launch like firing a howitzer. I have toasted a # of 1K bikes stop light to stop light. On a longer run they come by about the time I'm in the middle of 3rd gear. It would be no contest in a 1/4 mile but it sure is fun when they get to the next light & ask "what the hell is that thing"?

Yeah, same with the Rune... It is 820lbs and when you dump it at a light it takes off like a bullet. Takes a little finesse for Rocket riders to launch that hard so we do have the 60ft advantage.

Dude, the whole thing about cruiser logic is that is is illogical.... But, well, you know... Chics dig it...
I bought a Honda Rune last year, to date it is the only cruiser I would ever save up for and buy... Now the RUNE is a phuggin bike....
That bike is soooooooooo gorgeous!
Ok, Now you are the guys on crack!!!! That Rune is up there with the boss hoss,big,fat and fuckin ugly.I cannot believe you paid the cash for that thing.I don't mean to be rude,but when I see it in the dealership I always think,who the hell would buy that.If you want a cruiser......BUY AMERICAN....simple

(GMbusa @ Sep. 02 2006,10:30) It's a nice looking bike. The Busa can get old after a few years. IMO theres waaay to many nice bikes out there to be stuck with the same one indefinitly, get out and experience them. Plus, he can always buy another Busa later.
That there is heresy sir...and punishable by a lifetime of riding a trike.

Trike.jpg

Magnas are fun, I used to have one. It was fast and powerful for a 750 cruiser. But even my old Katana 750 could smoke it.

Some people just like what they like, no logic required.

So when he told you that did you call him a puzzy and give him a strong b!tchslap? Did he realize then what he had done.

"Hey, nice Warrior."
laugh.gif

My riding partner just sold his 750 for an friggin' YFZ 450 quad. I'm so pissed.

(BusaBoyBatman @ Sep. 03 2006,12:26)
(--nitrousjunkie @ Sep. 02 2006,10:41)
(--Projekt @ Sep. 03 2006,00:39) Dude, the whole thing about cruiser logic is that is is illogical.... But, well, you know... Chics dig it...
I bought a Honda Rune last year, to date it is the only cruiser I would ever save up for and buy... Now the RUNE is a phuggin bike....
Ok, Now you are the guys on crack!!!! That Rune is up there with the boss hoss,big,fat and fuckin ugly.I cannot believe you paid the cash for that thing.I don't mean to be rude,but when I see it in the dealership I always think,who the hell would buy that.If you want a cruiser......BUY AMERICAN....simple
Look youngster... I am sorry your father was never there for you and therefore you weren't taught to respect your peers.... You must have tourettes or might just be a jester (that means clown) because you ride a japanese speed machine and can't appreciate a good unique metric cruiser designed by Arlen Ness... You may have heard of that man at some point in one or two of your various bouts of lucidity between heroin benders...
So STFU newbie...

(Over_Easy @ Sep. 06 2006,20:48) So when he told you that did you call him a puzzy and give him a strong b!tchslap?  Did he realize then what he had done.

"Hey, nice Warrior."
laugh.gif
For me, the worst part about my friend buying his Warrior was his prediction that I would sell my Hayabusa and buy a Warrior, too. Why would I do that?

The Hayabusa is one the most enjoyable, and yet scary bikes, I have ever ridden. It is a rush!

I respect my friend's decision to ride what he likes. All bikes are cool, but to me, I like the Busa.

SteelHead.

(steelhead @ Sep. 07 2006,08:29)
(Over_Easy @ Sep. 06 2006,20:48) So when he told you that did you call him a puzzy and give him a strong b!tchslap?  Did he realize then what he had done.

"Hey, nice Warrior."
laugh.gif
For me, the worst part about my friend buying his Warrior was his prediction that I would sell my Hayabusa and buy a Warrior, too. Why would I do that?

The Hayabusa is one the most enjoyable, and yet scary bikes, I have ever ridden.  It is a rush!

I respect my friend's decision to ride what he likes. All bikes are cool, but to me, I like the Busa.

SteelHead.
just messin' around...that was the bourbon talking.

It just amazes me how many people buy a Busa then sell/trade shortly after. I want to smack them and ask them why the hell they bought it in the first place. They had to know what they were buying. No surprises with the Busa at this point.

Now things change like having kids, finances, excessive speeding tickets, scare themselves, etc. To get the Busa and then get a Warrior just confirms that he wasn't the type of rider he thought he was. Personally, after a Busa any cruiser would be soooooo boring and I'd probably stop riding altogether.

Hey Over_Easy,

I have no objections to your comments.  I found your post pretty hilarious.  My friend told me he had trouble enjoying the Hayabusa. To him, it was too stressful of a ride.

So perhaps he can enjoy a Warrior with its big engine, push-rod engine and v-twin sound. As for me, I'm happy with my mild sounding stock pipes and monster powerplant (heheh)...

SteelHead

(Projekt @ Sep. 07 2006,01:29)
(BusaBoyBatman @ Sep. 03 2006,12:26)
(--nitrousjunkie @ Sep. 02 2006,10:41)
(--Projekt @ Sep. 03 2006,00:39) Dude, the whole thing about cruiser logic is that is is illogical.... But, well, you know... Chics dig it...
Look youngster...  I am sorry your father was never there for you and therefore you weren't taught to respect your peers.... You must have tourettes or might just be a jester (that means clown) because you ride a japanese speed machine and can't appreciate a good unique metric cruiser designed by Arlen Ness... You may have heard of that man at some point in one or two of your various bouts of lucidity between heroin benders...
So STFU newbie...
It's a pig...820 lbs.Even if I dropped my ol Road King I could still pick it up.The ugliest production bike ever made is The Boss Hoss...with the Rune comin in at a close second.Designed by Arlen Ness BFD!!! He has done alot a great things and he has also designed some nasty abominations.As far as metric cruisers go...That Warrior is pretty dope.Ride what you want,but spending 35,000 on that....you need to get your head checked and your eyes as well
rock.gif

I owned a magna, then I got the warrior, then I got the busa. The busa has been the best bike, but the warrior is awesome if you want a cross between a cruiser and a sportbike. They have all been great bikes with no trouble at all. The Magna was a '94 and the Warrior was an '02.

Back