Am I ready for a Hayabusa?

:welcome:

Sounds like you've got plenty of experience and as long as your make solid decisions you'll be fine. You'll absolutely love the monster more and more with each ride.

I picked up my Busa at the end of last summer...
No experience whatsoever. 1st bike, and man am I glad I did it!
I took the Rider Course after about 2months w/ it and got my license.
Believe me, it's only as fast as you twist it man! Good luck and be safe!

Dude you will be fine.

In fact you will kick yourself for not doing it sooner. Glad you b ought the bike, get some pictures up and make reservations for the spring bash. Hurry now befor we send Blue haya over there to snack ya.

Hopefully you got Black, the fastest color.

:laugh:

Last edited:
Oh, and the credit union limited me to $12k. I have flawless credit, but they were a little antsy at all my toys (travel trailer, boat, motorcycle and the safe full of guns I can never seem to stop enjoying!) One day I might actually pay some of this stuff off. Nah, I'm helping the economy recover! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

More than enough to buy a 08 :thumbsup:. If you and your wife like to ride together and you are a sportbike guy then get the busa. I just got mine a fews weeks ago and I am so glad I did. I had a zx-10 and a rc51 and like your wife mine didn't care much for the back seats. Now she is very happy and so am I. The Busa is a do all bike. Drag race it, hit the curves, tour with it or just cruise one or two up. As far as it being to much of a bike it can be. Weird thing for me though is when I am cruising on the highway at 70-80 the bike is so damn smooth I just enjoy riding it instead of trying to twist the throttle off of it like I did with my other bikes. I think this is because I know the power is there if I need it.:laugh:

Enjoy your Busa! I think the throttle is not very touchy stock personally. I upgraded to the r1 throttle since the Busa has such a long twist. You will notice that the Busa makes power everywhere! Unlike other bikes that really come alive at a certain RPM, the Busa feels like a beast at WOT on the track from start to finish!

Congrats, you'll enjoy it. Atleast I know my 08 will pull away from your 07 if I ever make my way through TX....:beerchug:

You've got the time in the saddle behind you to handle it. Just be very light on throttle control; there is no reason to roll on it hard until you have an idea what it might do (and it will jump up off the ground if you gouge on it!)
Good luck and welcome!

More than enough to buy a 08 :thumbsup:. If you and your wife like to ride together and you are a sportbike guy then get the busa. I just got mine a fews weeks ago and I am so glad I did. I had a zx-10 and a rc51 and like your wife mine didn't care much for the back seats. Now she is very happy and so am I. The Busa is a do all bike. Drag race it, hit the curves, tour with it or just cruise one or two up. As far as it being to much of a bike it can be. Weird thing for me though is when I am cruising on the highway at 70-80 the bike is so damn smooth I just enjoy riding it instead of trying to twist the throttle off of it like I did with my other bikes. I think this is because I know the power is there if I need it.:laugh:

The problem was I upside down by a couple grand on my VTX1800. I had to roll that negative equity into my loan. Otherwise I definitely could have swung an 08 model within that budget.

I'm just not a person that has to be on the cutting edge of technology. I'll enjoy this bike for 5 years then the wife and I are getting a Gold Wing. :)

This bike is so cutting edge that once you ride it for five years you will still be so far ahead you will buy another for your wife and love every minute of it.

My wife now rides my old bike and we ride often.
Bubba

The problem was I upside down by a couple grand on my VTX1800. I had to roll that negative equity into my loan. Otherwise I definitely could have swung an 08 model within that budget.

Well in that case a 07 is just fine.:thumbsup: I have a 06 and works just fine. Plus it has this cool option that brings a smile to my face everytime I use it. Its called an ignition switch.:rofl:

:welcome: to the board and congrats on your new bike!

I'm a bit late chiming in, but I was in a similar position when I was considering the Hayabusa - years of riding experience but little true sport bike experience and a responsible/conservative attitude towards riding with the same concerns that you have mentioned regarding becoming a Hayabusa owner. Here's what I've found after 3.5 months of ownership:

1) If you're truly and experienced and responsible rider, then you'll have the tools to enjoy the Hayabusa. The # tool is patience as you get to know the bike. If you take your time, you'll find that the bike, although AWESOMELY powerful, is actually remarkably manageable...IF you ride responsibly and exercise/practice refined throttle control.

2) The Hayabusa has great potential as a drag bike, a track bike or a beast of a sport tourer. The limitless supply of modifications available for this bike make it a simple matter of choosing what you'd like to shoot for.

3) It's unlikely that I'll ever own a finer machine. I have no experience with Gen I models, but based on those here that have, if you can make it happen, I would recommend going for the Gen II. You didn't mention you're final price for the 2007, but if you haven't rolled it out of the showroom yet, be advised that 2008's are going for under $10,000 all over the country, although you may have to search for the deal/dealer. That said, a 2007 is still a fine machine by any standard.

Welcome, congrats and best of luck!

Back