Am I crazy?

I saw a Busa powered skateboard on <E-bay> ..it may not be a bike ...but @ least its busa powered ..
cool.gif
lurk.gif

This is my first post here, so how's it goin?

I've dreamed of owning a Hayabusa for 5 or 6 years, since the first time I actually saw one up close.  I don't have any experience with bikes at all.  Would a Hayabusa be an absolute disaster for a first bike?  I'm 28, married, have a kid, house, a good job.  So I'm not some punk kid off the streets wanting to go 170mph everywhere.  I've been into mustangs for about 8 years, and getting kind of burnt out paying around 3.50 a gallon for really crappy gas mileage.  I've been looking for quite a while.  600's are cool, but I know I'll still want a hayabusa in the end.  I also would like something my wife would feel comfortable riding on for more the 10 minutes.  I'm very respectful of horsepower, I seen what happens when people get stupid in cars.

Is this a bike I easily cruise around on until I'm ready for higher speeds?  Also I'm 6'2" 220.  Not sure if that matters, I just hear people say they think they're either to big or small for a particular bike.

Thanks
Ahh...the old busa for a first bike post.....these always make for good entertainment. Do a search on these posts and you'll find more than you can read in a lifetime
winkold.gif
And they'll all sound pretty much like yours in most every way. In fact it would prolly be easier if you did the search and pm'd some of the guys to ask them what happened, and how it all worked out. But as usual you'll prolly get a pretty heated and interesting thread going...which is always cool too
thumb_up.gif

I used to give sage advice........now I say its your money...your life...do what you want
winkold.gif
laugh.gif
ThumbsUp.gif
Most guys that come on here asking that question already have their mind made up anyway....they're just looking for some stroking
laugh.gif

One bit of advice tho...don't take the cycle endorsement test on a busa...its too big and heavy and your too new to bikes. Just ride without it, odds are you prolly won't get caught for quite awhile, and it'll be easier to learn how to ride it on the streets THEN take the test (if you end up taking it at all).
Don't get the extended warranty (you won't need it), but DO get gap insurance AND good full coverage
winkold.gif
Because when you wreck a bike shortly after you buy it without gap ins you lose your ass on depreciation
wowold.gif

This is just my opinion...use it at your own risk
winkold.gif

winkold.gif

laugh.gif

winkold.gif

winkold.gif

i agree...i just bought my first bike and its a busa. she'll go as slow as i want to go and she'll go faster than i want to go. as far as your wife...i've had my g/f on the back of mine for 150+ miles at a time with no complaints. whatever you choose, have fun and be safe!

After riding dirt bikes as a kid I went 10 years without being on a bike and went and bought a Busa at age 25. Took the driving test less than a month later and passed with flying colors. Its all about self control. I wouldnt trade it for anything in the world.

I tend to agree with everyone that says start with something a little more "tame" Something you'll enjoy for a couple of years. Try to pick a clean used bike that will keep it's value in your local market. Around here 750 Katanas seem to be the thing right now or an SV650 seems like a fun bike. Something with torque rather than a "peeky" 600. Even a Suzuki Bandit 1200 would be decent, because it's a type of bike you can ride nice and easy and when the "urge" hits, it will get up and go pretty good. Hope this helps.

This is my first post here, so how's it goin?

I've dreamed of owning a Hayabusa for 5 or 6 years, since the first time I actually saw one up close.  I don't have any experience with bikes at all.  Would a Hayabusa be an absolute disaster for a first bike?  I'm 28, married, have a kid, house, a good job.  So I'm not some punk kid off the streets wanting to go 170mph everywhere.  I've been into mustangs for about 8 years, and getting kind of burnt out paying around 3.50 a gallon for really crappy gas mileage.  I've been looking for quite a while.  600's are cool, but I know I'll still want a hayabusa in the end.  I also would like something my wife would feel comfortable riding on for more the 10 minutes.  I'm very respectful of horsepower, I seen what happens when people get stupid in cars.

Is this a bike I easily cruise around on until I'm ready for higher speeds?  Also I'm 6'2" 220.  Not sure if that matters, I just hear people say they think they're either to big or small for a particular bike.

Thanks
Yo bro  
welcome.gif
..  I've only been here a couple months myself.  The thing people seem to forget about the '08 Busa is that it has 3 modes of operation.  If you can ride a bike, and know the "ins" and "outs", and you are a good defensive driver - then you can operate the '08 in Mode "C" (which cuts back the power of the machine) - then progress to Mode "B" and then when you are ready, go to Mode "A" - which is all out Busa power!!  
super.gif
Just b careful - because no matter how big the bike, they all demand respect.

I've had bikes since I was 7 yrs old, and I've pretty much wrecked everyone of them (except for these last two - I'm older and wiser  
laugh.gif
)  But that's just how you learn - just got to make sure that you go home in one piece after your lessons!!  
winkold.gif

Welcome aboard!

Busa_org_My_bike.jpg

The thing people seem to forget about the '08 Busa is that it has 3 modes of operation.  If you can ride a bike, and know the "ins" and "outs", and you are a good defensive driver - then you can operate the '08 in Mode "C" (which cuts back the power of the machine) - then progress to Mode "B" and then when you are ready, go to Mode "A" - which is all out Busa power!!  
super.gif
Just b careful - because no matter how big the bike, they all demand respect.
Dear Greg & Friends

That's what I did. I didn't get into Drive Mode A until I had 1000 miles on the 'Busa.

And after riding her for about 150 miles in Drive Mode A, I think I ought to return to Drive Mode C.

I've never operated anything as insanely fast as the 'Busa. There's no doubt that the 'Busa will kill if not respected.

Hey brotha...I started out on a Hayabusa...I'm a large dude and a 600 just is not cuttin it for me...went and sat on all the biggins...CBR1000, R1, ZX10..14 was not out yet so it was not even an option...but once I was on the Busa there was no question...it alot to chew with your first bite..but if you are in fact responsible and have some common sense to ya...I was always told the bike is only gonna go as fast as you make it..
Hey Ronnie,after I take my classes in 2 weeks,I'll be buying the '08 orange/black Busa.I love what you said,"Your wrist determines how fast you go."Thanks:)

Back