hello from NC

bigworm

Registered
hi ladies and gents, i've not got another bike yet because i'm recovering from a near fatal crash on a vrod back in april. my next bike will be a suzuki ain't quiet sure what size yet but i'm pretty sure it'll be a suzuki. i've been a member here for a few weeks and just lurking around reading up on specs and opinions and such. go easy on me because i've been on harleys for several years and my last was a 2006 nightrod. i'm a drag racer and have hopes of getting a gsxr or hayabusa. don't know what year but i'll be bracket racing it. would like to get into the mid 8.'s so i'll be looking around in the how too's for maintenance tips and the performance threads for reliability.

Welcome to the oRg, no bashing here. I love the Night Trains and would have one if I could afford it. :beerchug:

Welcome to the board! Sorry to hear about your accident, hope you are recovering quickly and fully.

Lots of good information on here and if you can't find it just ask, there are plenty of knowledgeable folks that can answer your questions.

Welcome! If you are a fan of riding you are welcome here. Plenty of good information available and if you don't see it please ask.

thank you for the welcome! i will definitely be asking some questions, i visit pshycobike dot com and dragbike dot com and they seem a little arrogant with their answers, so i don't post much. i'm on several other harley and vrod forums but don't dare talk of "jap bikes" or you'll hear a lot of BS. i've rode bikes all my life starting with flat tracking a 125 kaw in CA when i was a youngster. i love the hayabusa because it will run low 6 seconds in the 1/8 mile pretty much stock with my weight. i've not recovered fully and may not because of the nerve damage in my right shoulder. if i can't ride it, i know plenty who will for me. i don't plan on putting it on the street, it'll be strictly race.
i also am involved in indoor arena motocross racing and co sponsor robbie horton from GA. he has a 2011 rmz250 and is 1st in points in the 250cc pro class and 2nd in the 450cc pro class ON the 250.so that keeps me occupied until i can get a drag racing program again.

Welcome to the family, hope your shoulder does recover so you can keep riding and feel that Busa kick.

Welcome aboard:thumbsup: I'm right down the road from you. Ever done any racing at Shadyside in Shelby?

:welcome: to the board...hope you recover 100%, not being able to ride would be rough!!

Go big or go home and get a busa. Better to buy big in the beginning than to spend the extra to upgrade later on :beerchug:
:welcome:

it'll be a 1300 or at the least a 1000. i attend a lot of mirock races in rockingham and learn from the likes of rickey gadson, ron prococrio, rob hunnicutt. they'll be a NOS set up on it too. i've got everthing i need but a few nozzles for the 4cyl. i bought it in march and crashed the vrod in april before i could install it.

Back