Hello from Orange County, CA

Blue08

Registered
Hello All!

A little background...  I'm 41 years old and live in Orange County, CA.  I've rode offroad bikes since I was a kid.  In late 06 I bought an 07 Suzuki M109R cruiser as my first street bike.  I ride about 30 miles a day back and forth to work.  At the time it seemed a little 'much' for a first street bike but I was VERY careful while I got used to riding on the street.  I took the MSF Safety Class and read a very good book about riding on the street.  I've always wanted a sport bike since I was in my twenties and could not afford one then.  I almost bought a sport bike instead of my M109R but I figured since I was over 40 I should look at cruisers instead.  Although I really enjoyed riding my M109R this last year, I really, really, REALLY wanted a black 06 Busa I saw and sat on at the dealer.  I read more about the Busa and all year long I wanted that bike.  When the 08 Busa's came out in late 07, I could not hold back any more.  I bought the Blue one.  While I thought the M109R might have been a little much for a first bike, I quickly realized it turned out to be a great half-step towards the Busa.  I thought I would keep my cruiser for weekend rides but because the Busa is SO FUN I've been having to force myself to ride the cruiser once a week to work just so it doesn't sit too much!  On the weekends I still choose to ride the Busa!  I think I'm going to have to sell the M109R...

Anyone want to do some rides in So CA???

beerchug.gif

Glad that you found us, we need some more West coasters on the site.....

cap

Well howdy! This is a great bunch here - but first things first... Pictures!

Congrats and welcome! Post up pics of both bikes, so we can help you enjoy them!
laugh.gif

Thanks All! It's nice to see I'm in with great company!

Dadofthree - That black bike is purdy! :-)

LCB - All I have is a cell phone pic for now... I'll work on getting some better pics.

Cheers!

Busa_6.jpg

Welcome to the mayhem. We're planning a couple of events you should be aware of...

West Coast Spring Bash (Vegas, coupled with track days at Pahrump) See thread entitled VEGAS VEGAS VEGAS. There's a boat-load of us going...

SoCal Ride (organized by CharlesBusa). Bunch of folks converging on SoCal for three days of enjoying the finest roads offered. Do a search for this one...I don't recall the thread title, but if you search for posts by Charles, you'll find it.

Congrats on your bikes! Love them both...

Welcome to the madness!

Scar

Welcome to the board. You have a great group to ride with out there. I'm jealous.

--Wag--

Back