Am I ready for a Hayabusa?

Well, my fears turned out to be silly. I just got home with her. I didn't romp on it due to the break-in period, but I can feel the power there. It was a very different experience from riding my gixxer 600. The gixxer 600 felt like raw power, but the Busa feels much more refined. I'm going to scuff in the tires later today and hit some twisties so I can get to know the ol gal.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, my fears turned out to be silly. I just got home with her. I didn't romp on it due to the break-in period, but I can feel the power there. It was a very different experience from riding my gixxer 600. The gixxer 600 felt like raw power, but the Busa feels much more refined. I'm going to scuff in the tires later today and hit some twisties so I can get to know the ol gal.
Posted via Mobile Device

It is the smoothest most refined bike I have ever riden that is why I love the beast.:thumbsup:

You were very smart to get your wife involved from the start....I don't need to tell a Dallas cop to be careful on the metroplex roads. I think those cagers are worse than the ones in Houston!

Posted via Mobile Device

Congrats! Sounds like you're pretty comfortable with your choice.

Be careful with those BRAND new tires. No need to push the envelope right outta the box.

As far as the "easy" break in, read this, Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power, it may change you're mind about how to approach the break in period.

I thought the same thing about the power being "refined" until it 7k on the tach. All I can say is when it hits 7 grand you better quit looking at the tach! It runs like a backyard hooligan!!!! :bowdown:

My previous bike was an 800cc Kaw Vulcan cruiser. I had done plenty of riding on an 1100 Shadow and then a 1500 Vulcan so I was ready for a large bike. I havn't gotten a busa (yet)but I got a 14 which is just a tad bit lighter. It was the first sport bike I've ever been on. The forward riding position was the hardest thing to get used to. Stearing was a bit hard to get used to also, so a newbie ought to be well aware of that at high speed. After a coup[le months of riding, the 14 is by far the easiest bike I've ridden. It's much lighter and once you get used to it, it stears way better than any cruiser I have ridden.

You've been on plenty of sportbikes. I doubt you'll have much trouble adapting to a busa. I actually think you might be safer than you were on one of those wheelie machines you used to ride. Just use your common sense and you'll be fine. We know cops never speed, right- LOL:whistle::lol:

Mythos

Texas Cop....I may have missed it but what color did you go with?

and

:worthless:

Posted via Mobile Device
Awesome!!! Congrats on your new baby! As someone wrote to me a few months ago:

WELCOME TO OUR WORLD!!! :welcome::thumbsup::laugh:

well to answer your quesstion I bought a busa and now have 20k on her and probably 19k of it my 6 foot tall 185# wife has been on it with me....is it comfortable...not like a goldwing ...but definatly more then the gsxr600 was...plus they make so much more aftermarket seat and such for them....

Nothing wrong with having the biggest dog on the block. They only go as fast as you make them go. I have owned a number of bikes, and the Bus is the best by far. It is smoother and more comfortable than anything I have owned. I should have done this a lonnng time ago. I am averaging 42 MPG commuting to work (the best part of my day), and now is the time to buy! You can go fast enough on a moped to get yourself hurt.

Back